Sponsored

Is this noise normal. I have a feeling I'm gonna have a problem?.

Nexstar7

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Are my rockers history.

Sponsored

Slowregal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 TJ 2.5 5spd on 31s / '22 JLUR 3.6/Manual
I think you're fine, mine did the same noise with 28km on it, now close to 800 still sounds the same.

Not sure if it's the body of the jeep that lets out every noise from the engine or if the 3.6 is a noisy engine but nothing to worry about there.

OP
OP

Nexstar7

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
When I 1st purchased the vehicle it wasn't doing that. I did do an oil change with with the recommended oil the recommended oil and the recommended mopar filter. But it still took 3 weeks for to make that noise

JLRyder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
Sounds normal to me, at least that is what mine sounds like since I’ve had it (bought used at 29k miles).

Engines are so quiet nowadays you can even hear the injectors, don’t loose sleep over this.

Remember, if you want to hear something wrong you normally will.

jthoms1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Change the oil and send a sample to Blackstone to have it tested. They can tell you if anything detectable is going on. This is not my specialty by any stretch of the imagination, I just like to wrench on Jeeps. With that said I imagine something like your rockers going would give off excess metal in the oil they can detect. Just an idea. Someone more knowledgeable on that may be able to verify.

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
The real question is why are there Monroe shocks on your Jeep?

The wheel well is a bad place to record sound. It makes things much louder than they really are. Moving parts will make noise, but the amount of noise should be consistent. Listen to the left and the right sides. If similar, no problem.

OP
OP

Nexstar7

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Change the oil and send a sample to Blackstone to have it tested. They can tell you if anything detectable is going on. This is not my specialty by any stretch of the imagination, I just like to wrench on Jeeps. With that said I imagine something like your rockers going would give off excess metal in the oil they can detect. Just an idea. Someone more knowledgeable on that may be able to verify.
Good idea. I use to do that with my other vehicle.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
The real question is why are there Monroe shocks on your Jeep?

The wheel well is a bad place to record sound. It makes things much louder than they really are. Moving parts will make noise, but the amount of noise should be consistent. Listen to the left and the right sides. If similar, no problem.
Exactly! The wheel well is shaped like a speaker and made from material that will bounce sound very well.
Sponsored