Sponsored

Is this kind of ripoff normal now?

Kryten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Really, it's a great time to sell a Jeep...
Really, where? I have one to sell and everyone wants to offer me $15000 less than I paid. It has less than 6000 miles on it and I paid MSRP.
Sponsored

Overwatch

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR, Sarge Green 392
I was so certain I wouldn't pay the 10K markup which Santa Monica Jeep charged on all 392s, even ordered ones, I special ordered from Jeep through a different dealer. After 8 months of no movement I canceled and ordered one from a lot in VA for ONLY 1.5K over MSRP. Then I had to ship it out to CA. Then I had to deal with getting the out of state Jeep registered in CA. Now I wish I just spent the 10K.

Kryten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Christ, around here I am getting web ads for dealers locally with used Broncos asking $25,000 over MSRP for them.
I looked at a Bronco a while back. Their ad price was MSRP. After I test drove it and said I was interested the price suddenly jumped up about $20,000 and the guy told me that the ad was for a different one that had already sold. He was full of crap. I had been watching that dealership for a few weeks and they only had the two that were there that day for at least 2 weeks prior and the ad was only a few days old. I told him he was crazy and he told me that I wouldn't find a Bronco for less. I told him that I would just get a Jeep then since I wasn't so sure about the Bronco anyway. The guy kept telling me that I had to jump on it if I wanted it because even at that price it wouldn't last. I told him good luck with that. He blew up my phone for the next three weeks until I finally answered and told him not to call me again. Both Broncos were still sitting there a month later.

Xspurt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Juliet Lima
Funny how they don't have the same "market adjustment" when making a trade in offer.
That's a great argument and I agree 100% but their comeback (and a comeback some of the trolls and plants here will say) is that you are already getting an elevated price on your trade so you should be happy paying MSRP plus a BS markup. Nope. People haven't been paying MSRP for decades and suddenly most people have been bamboozled into thinking MSRP is a good deal. It's not. Never mind the advice to everyone for not paying markups ... we need everyone to go back to expecting a below MSRP deal.

This will all be over soon. The chip makers have been churning them out like nuts and repossessions are EXPLODING on cars purchased only in the past 2 years so it won't take long for that to work it's way into the used segment ... the new will follow right after that. Just hang in there!

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
With the multitude of dealers offering below invoice pricing even on 392's, only a complete moron pays above msrp let alone a $20k adm. I'm trying to figure out how so many financially handicapped people can afford 6 figure vehicles that this works?

Sponsored

SN530

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 E350, 2019 Prime, 2017 Triumph Tiger
With the multitude of dealers offering below invoice pricing even on 392's, only a complete moron pays above msrp let alone a $20k adm. I'm trying to figure out how so many financially handicapped people can afford 6 figure vehicles that this works?
Remember the last Housing market crash, now replace that with cars this time. Ta-da! Oh did the bubble start bursting last week?

QwikKotaTx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Dodge Dakota T56, 2015 Hemi Ram
Remember the last Housing market crash, now replace that with cars this time. Ta-da! Oh did the bubble start bursting last week?
Hopefully not. I still have a Dakota to sell, hah.

SN530

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 E350, 2019 Prime, 2017 Triumph Tiger
Hopefully not. I still have a Dakota to sell, hah.
lol, take it from someone who was in the automotive sales industry for years. Nothing makes sense right now. I purchase a 2019 Prius prime for $23k OTD current trade in offer by carvana $31,200 local dealer $32,000 no purchase necessary. If you have a car and don’t need it SELL it. Inventory at a local carmax should give you an idea of how many used cars are piling up, look at new dealers some barely have enough new cars to cover front of the store.

OP
OP
Joaquim

Joaquim

First Name
Joaquim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Autist
"Gotta have it now tax"

Picking up a battery at Ford and they had the same $20k mark up. If someone wants to pay it..

PXL_20220208_230032645.jpg
What vehicle is that?? No way that’s a bronco? - nvm just finished reading thread - gt500

Sponsored

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Not everyone is willing / capable of waiting an unknown number of months for a vehicle.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
The finance guy at the dealership will be glad to line their pockets some more hook you right up with that, too! ;)
Along with an 84-96-108 month mortgage, uhh, loan so you can pay for it at least twice. But he kept the monthly payments where you want!

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Not everyone is willing / capable of waiting an unknown number of months for a vehicle.
Not willing sure? Not able but can afford a $100k car? Buy a used car to get by even if you are in immediate need. The adm alone buys a decent car to drive for a few months and you can sell it when your Jeep arrives. Hell for less than$20k you could rent a Jeep while you wait.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Not willing sure? Not able but can afford a $100k car? Buy a used car to get by even if you are in immediate need. The adm alone buys a decent car to drive for a few months and you can sell it when your Jeep arrives. Hell for less than$20k you could rent a Jeep while you wait.
There you go, using common sense. But we want it, and we want it NOW!!!
Sponsored