Sponsored

Is this going to break my Jeep?

Izzy901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Grand Cherokee
I have a EVO 2.5in spacer kit installed with the shock extensions on my Sport S. Right now, my shop is installing 3.5in EVO plush spring's, EVO rear raised trackbar bracket, and Rough Country adjustable trackbar. He called and said I "only have a inch or so of uptravel" and he just wanted me to know that. What does he mean by that? I called EVO and they say it'll be fine til I get new shocks. What does that "inch of uptravel" mean? I haven't got new shocks yet because I feel like King Shocks are way overkill for me as this isn't a Offroad rig. What's your opinion? Should I order some shocks ASAP or do I have time to wait for more options? This isn't a daily driver Jeep so I don't HAVE to drive it.
Sponsored

homebrwd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW Jetta (JL in the Plans)
I'm going to make an assumption that he meant down travel, basically due to your lift the current shocks are extended to within an inch of full extension. You mainly risk reach the end of life for your shocks faster.

OP
OP
Izzy901

Izzy901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Grand Cherokee
I'm going to make an assumption that he meant down travel, basically due to your lift the current shocks are extended to within an inch of full extension. You mainly risk reach the end of life for your shocks faster.
So do you think I should just order some longer shocks Or do I have a few months spare til more options release? If I order some, it'll most likely be the Falcon 2.1. Falcon said on the phone they will work for 2in-4in lifts.

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
Part of the Northridge4x4 team
So please clarify. You have the 2.5" spacer kit currently and you're having the 3.5" coils installed for a combined lift of 6"s?

OP
OP
Izzy901

Izzy901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Grand Cherokee
So please clarify. You have the 2.5" spacer kit currently and you're having the 3.5" coils installed for a combined lift of 6"s?
No. The 2.5in spacers are being removed and just the 3.5in coils will be in place.

Sponsored

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
Part of the Northridge4x4 team
Are they reusing the shock extensions or are they removing them?

OP
OP
Izzy901

Izzy901

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Grand Cherokee
Are they reusing the shock extensions or are they removing them?
I just got my truck back and he told me using the shocks extensions on the stock sport s shocks, the are about a inch from being fully extended.
Sponsored