Is this GMRS radio good enough?

Daug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited and Gladiator
I'm still using CHIRP with MacOS 11.6. I would only download it from the CHIRP site and proceed with caution.
Good to know. Thanks!
Sponsored

Whiskey 13

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Black Rubicon, LOD Signature Mid Width Bumper, Smittybilt Gen 3 12000 Lb. Winch Syn. Rope, Teraflex 1.5" Leveling Kit, Weather Tech Form Fit Mats, ROAM MK 3 Frame Mounted Rock Rails
I have the Midland MXT275 hard mounted and 2 Midland GXT1000VP4 hand held for when out and about. Got all of them last year with a great sale. The good thing about the MXT275 is you don't have to hard mount it and it is fairly small. It comes with the 12v plug in and magnetic antenna if you just want to throw it in the vehicle for a trip and remove it when you get home. I just wanted to keep it mounted in my jeep.

I will just say that If you hit transmit on whatever radio you have and your intended target receives and responds and you understand it must be a descent radio. On these forums you will always have some say that what you have in junk but what they have will transmit 200 mile in a blizzard because it has so much more power than yours. Not much different than our phones the basic one will communicate just as well as the $1500 one just without the frills.

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate
I have the Midland MXT275 hard mounted and 2 Midland GXT1000VP4 hand held for when out and about.
Exactly what I have. I pass out my 2 handheld midlands to other folks in the group and they've proven very reliable and useful.

The good thing about the MXT275 is you don't have to hard mount it and it is fairly small. It comes with the 12v plug in and magnetic antenna if you just want to throw it in the vehicle for a trip and remove it when you get home.
I had mine hooked up and working in 15 minutes. The MXT275 under the seat and plugged into the 12v cig power source. Mic on my $15 67d X-plate. I'll get it wired to Aux Switch 3 - battery and get the 6db antenna mounted when I have time.

It was easy to set all off the radios to ch 16 pc 10 CTCSS.

QC22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURR
This may be a stupid question, but are there any GMRS systems that can connect by Bluetooth to the onboard system? In a perfect world it would work like my phone, even transmit VOX.
Sponsored