Is this covered under warranty?

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
I think the guys snapped this piece loading the soft top box in my JL , while picking it up delivery car this weekend. Is this covered under warranty? The plastic doesn't stick any more, its rather loose.

upload_2019-9-30_17-59-54.png
Sponsored

SouthCo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Billet Silver Sahara
I think the guys snapped this piece loading the soft top box in my JL , while picking it up delivery car this weekend. Is this covered under warranty? The plastic doesn't stick any more, its rather loose.

Since it was probably damaged while the box was being loaded, why are you looking to have it replaced under warranty? It's not defective it was damaged...

OP
OP

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Because I’m not paying for the damage I didn’t do. Would the dealership cover this?

SouthCo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Billet Silver Sahara
Because I’m not paying for the damage I didn’t do. Would the dealership cover this?
Are you saying this was damaged at the dealer? You didn't specify where you were picking the top up from... If it was done by guys at the dealership, you should definitely go back and speak to them. I would think they'd cover it...

Sponsored

OP
OP

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Too late, I wouldn’t have known until I got home to remove the box from the trunk

OP
OP

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Anyone know what part # is this?

MikeJLUR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 4 door Rubicon
Since it was probably damaged while the box was being loaded, why are you looking to have it replaced under warranty? It's not defective it was damaged...
Agreed. Warranty is for defective.

Scott D Hall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sting-Gray Rubicon 2.0L Turbo, 2.5" Mopar Lift w/Fox Shocks, Rock-Slider PowerSteps, BigBoy Seat Rails / 2013 Jeep Rubicon 10th Anniversary (Son's car) / 2019 Porsche Cayenne (Wife's Rocket) / 2019 Skeeter SX250

I would think they would cover it. Have you called them? I would just say - " Look the box snagged on the plastic when your guys were loading the top box."

I tell you what, that box is jammed in there. I could hardly drive home, of course I am '6 4"... LOL.

OP
OP

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
I found the part. I ordered it online. It’s $10.

I’m not gonna hassle my dealer who got me 8% over $10
Sponsored