Sponsored

Is this an actual "good offer"?

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
Pretty much everyone charges a premium for all but one or two colors. $395 is dirt cheap compared to a lot of brands.
A lot of bacon is 12oz now too, but that doesn't make it right. 🤣🤣🤣

Of course, it shouldn't make much of a difference. Virtually every Wrangler around here is White, Black or Shades of Grey.
Sponsored

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392XR
$56,585 plus TTL and $422 documentation fee is what they (Chapman Jeep in PA) state in our email correspondence is the offer.

Since I am in Texas that would be a rather long drive, but easily willing to do if it were needed.

It seems all the local, or even nearby dealerships for that matter that I have contacted based on information given in this forum do not offer the 5% under invoice anymore.
Is this quote on an in stock unit or for an order? If it’s in stock, great deal. For an order, pretty much what the handful of good dealers will do for you

OP
OP
Preditorian

Preditorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Is this quote on an in stock unit or for an order? If it’s in stock, great deal. For an order, pretty much what the handful of good dealers will do for you
It was to order one, but they want to gimp my trade in value so I will look at other options.

mllcb42

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe HA, 392XR
but they want to gimp my trade in value so I will look at other options
Why not sell it separately? Rarely will the place offering the best selling price also be the place offering the best trade price and I don't think you get any trade in tax credit through an out of state dealer.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Preditorian

Preditorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Sorry about late reply.
I did think about that, but it would add about 4k to price spent on the Jeep at Chapman, which brings it back to 60k before TTL.

Now on the other hand I compared their offer with one nearby me that offered me the 45.5k trade in and this is what I came up with.

45.5k on trade with 40.5k left on the balance.
5k gets rolled over to lower the price.
4k in "deals" brings the discount to 9k
9k off of 61.7k(TTL included in this price) is 52.7k
52.7k plus 300 doc fee brings it to 53k

So 53k out the door and they offer price protection and will not change the trade in value while I drive it waiting on delivery.

I am still waiting on 3 replies from Mall of GA, Gupton and now Mark Dodge in LA(Thanks Euan) to see if there is a chance at getting a below invoice offer with the 45.5k trade in, so time will tell and I will be sharing my findings to help others.

I could just be unrealistic to expect a high trade with a dealer who sells at under invoice, and if that is the case then so be it, just want to give it a try before hand.

I would like to take the time to thank all of yall for your insight and recommendations in this matter, it has helped a lot and I appreciate the time and effort. Thanks again!

Latvia1971

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.0 L diesel
Word, I don’t think it’s a bad engine necessarily I just wanted to make sure OP was making an informed decision. I’m getting 12.5mpg with the E-torque, clearly it’s got its downsides as well 🤣

That torque sounds appealing for sure, have you had it off road?
No......offroad yet it is actually my first Jeep i live in the pacific northwest but i grew up down south....i have owned a few BAJA bugs and desert pre runners but never a jeep...so i am still researching proper set up suspension wise.....and tire sizes ect ....any and all impute is gladly accepted.....

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

No......offroad yet it is actually my first Jeep i live in the pacific northwest but i grew up down south....i have owned a few BAJA bugs and desert pre runners but never a jeep...so i am still researching proper set up suspension wise.....and tire sizes ect ....any and all impute is gladly accepted.....
Hell yeah! I was born in Southern California and Baja bugs in Glamis are a family past time. I was young when we left, and never had an opportunity to do much myself unfortunately but i still love the desert rigs.

As for Jeeps, it’s definitely not a one size fits all hobby. What are your plans with your rig? Rock crawler? Overlander? Somewhere in the middle? Depending on how far you plan on building your rig you might start a build thread with a general idea of your intended use and look for community input there. It’s a big enough question that it deserves its own thread.
Sponsored