Sponsored

Is this a sign not to buy a Wrangler again?

Dadawada

First Name
Barrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited, 2020 Honda Goldwing Bagger
Occupation
Network Technology Executive
Vehicle Showcase
Definitely buying a $0 deductible max care warranty (for either 7 or 8 years)…..it is really inexpensive when you compare it to other OEMs.
I do have a deductible to keep the cost down.
Sponsored

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
I know, huh. What’s all that about?

On the other hand, you can get like fifteen different grilles... :facepalm:
I am really disappointed in the new Tundra. It's insane that it took them 14 years to come up with a truly new truck, and yet miss the mark so badly. It seems like they have just accepted that they'll never compete with Chevy and Ford so they're not even going to try.

Despite all that they PRICE the trucks as if they're competitive. It's really wacky...just like GM, Toyota never seems to learn anything.

Covet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 22 392, 22 4xe JLUR sold x3, 24 392
My 18 jlur had little to no major issues (defrosters no so good at defrosting, frozen headlamps, normal workable things). Sold that, moved into a 392. Loved it, until the Hemi decided to go full canibal on itself, eat some metal parts, fully seized. That one spent months in the shop, no loaner, zero to terrible FCA/jeepcares customer service. Got fully annoyed and sold it to the dealership with the seized motor. Said I would probably never get a Wrangler again (that had little to do with the engine seizing and 99% to do with the lack of give a $hit from FCA/jeepcares).
Moved into a Ram Rebel, drove it for a few months, really nice truck, but every time I looked at it or drove it I was wishing I was back in a Wrangler. About a month ago sold the Ram, picked up a jlur 4xE and am happy to be back in a Wrangler. Will this one be great like the 18 or suprise me in the bad way like the 392 did? Who knows... will say I have already made my mind up either way. If the 4xE is good, great! I will sell it in a few years in get another Wrangler, likely another 392 if they are available, if not another 6 cyl. If the 4xE does me like the 392 did, then I will just be trading into another Wrangler even sooner. Overall I think that most (most) JLs are pretty solid. I only wish Jeep as a whole had better customer service <- really my only and biggest complaint. Love the Wranger and will keep getting them.
Sponsored