Sponsored

Is this a good price on 2019 JLU Rubicon? Newbie 1st purchase

tp2010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe ordered 9/17, awaiting delivery
Hi all, I am a newbie to the site! Well I have stalked the forums for years, but I finally made an account.

I am looking to make my first Wrangler purchase after eyeing them for years. I am so glad that I waited for the new JL!!
Anyhow, I am in the Houston area. Torn between Sahara vs. Rubicon. Due to work schedule consuming my life, I likely will not utilize the offroading for the Rubi, however I just LOVE the look & details.

Found a dealer, MSRP for this 2019 Rubicon is 57,000. I haggled them down to 51,845 which is about 9% below MSRP. I am not sure what invoice price is, from what I estimated based on KBB is ~55,505(?). Starting at 51,8 after TTL & tax/fees, comes right back up to 56K. That number hurts to stomach, but it is going to feel so good in that Jeep & I feel that it is a good deal.

Would love for you to weigh in is this a good deal???
Sponsored

OP
OP

tp2010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Options include: Leather, Cold Weather, LED, 8.4'' radio, Active Safety, Advance safety (FCW), steel bumper group (don't really care for this add-on), headliner, MOpar mats, proximity entry, body color fenders & body matched hardtop, & hate that fact that they added on this $35 rear cargo tub liner in the trunk but have to deal with it I guess. So overall pretty loaded!

sobeit69

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Freedom Ed. 2005 Hummer H2 SUT
Options include: Leather, Cold Weather, LED, 8.4'' radio, Active Safety, Advance safety (FCW), steel bumper group (don't really care for this add-on), headliner, MOpar mats, proximity entry, body color fenders & body matched hardtop, & hate that fact that they added on this $35 rear cargo tub liner in the trunk but have to deal with it I guess. So overall pretty loaded!
$7000 off MSRP. And that is where you should be with tread lightly to feel good about the deal

I’m at $6500 off a 55k

OP
OP

tp2010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It took 3 hours back & forth to get them down $5155 off MSRP. I tried to get them to $5400 to match this other black Rubi discount on the lot. (The one I want is red.) They wouldn't do it!

I don't know if they accept tread lightly... I figured what I got to at 51850 was lower than the invoice anyway? You don't think so? They didnt actually show me the invoice sheet.

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
Hi all, I am a newbie to the site! Well I have stalked the forums for years, but I finally made an account.

I am looking to make my first Wrangler purchase after eyeing them for years. I am so glad that I waited for the new JL!!
Anyhow, I am in the Houston area. Torn between Sahara vs. Rubicon. Due to work schedule consuming my life, I likely will not utilize the offroading for the Rubi, however I just LOVE the look & details.

Found a dealer, MSRP for this 2019 Rubicon is 57,000. I haggled them down to 51,845 which is about 9% below MSRP. I am not sure what invoice price is, from what I estimated based on KBB is ~55,505(?). Starting at 51,8 after TTL & tax/fees, comes right back up to 56K. That number hurts to stomach, but it is going to feel so good in that Jeep & I feel that it is a good deal.

Would love for you to weigh in is this a good deal???
Depends on where you go. At Meador Jeep in Ft. Worth, TX, you can get a no haggle price at around 12% off msrp, which is roughly 6% below invoice. I suspect with the Tread Lightly discount and a little haggling, you can get an even better deal than 12% off msrp.

Sponsored

sobeit69

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Freedom Ed. 2005 Hummer H2 SUT
It took 3 hours back & forth to get them down $5155 off MSRP. I tried to get them to $5400 to match this other black Rubi discount on the lot. (The one I want is red.) They wouldn't do it!

I don't know if they accept tread lightly... I figured what I got to at 51850 was lower than the invoice anyway? You don't think so? They didnt actually show me the invoice sheet.
5k of a Rubicon in the 50k is a pretty normal price in Chicago. I seen some Sahara’s at 8k off . Dealers just have sooooo many in stock they need to wake up and sell them. 2020 will be on lots in July. So imagine 18, 19 and 20’s all on the lots at the same time. Something has gotta give

Mjmi69

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab, 2019 BMW 335, 2018 Jeep Rubicon Recon, 2018 BMW 435i
Occupation
Broker/Owner
You said you don’t think they will come down more, walk away, they will. They have to move the 2019’s

OP
OP

tp2010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5k of a Rubicon in the 50k is a pretty normal price in Chicago. I seen some Sahara’s at 8k off . Dealers just have sooooo many in stock they need to wake up and sell them. 2020 will be on lots in July. So imagine 18, 19 and 20’s all on the lots at the same time. Something has gotta give
You think 2020 will be on lots in July? I asked dealer, said ordering starts in July, but won't be on lots until Fall?

I need them to go lower, but just don't know how much to expect.

OP
OP

tp2010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I really want this jeep, but the bottom line is still too high for me. Esp since 2020s will be here soon.

Also have FOMO, for wondering what new features the 2020 will have? Any rumors??

OP
OP

tp2010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm also seeing 18 model Saharas only discounted 3- 4K, but then I've seen some at 5K. I feel like it's so variable, so it makes me think 5K off MSRP is good. But when I see posts off getting 6-8K off a Rubi or Moab, I'm like HOW????!

Sponsored

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
You think 2020 will be on lots in July? I asked dealer, said ordering starts in July, but won't be on lots until Fall?

They are correct, order banks should open around July. We won't see any physical 2020's until later this year. The price you're getting isn't the very best, but if it's local to you and it has everything you want...just buy it. There will always be that guy that gets the better deal...live for the moment. Don't get ripped off like paying msrp or above like some did early 18's...buy your deal is fair if it's local. Of course try and get them to $6000+ off, but be ok if they won't and maybe ask them to throw in extended warranty.

good luck, remember there will always be a better deal...don't spend too long chasing that, you'll end up settling for options you didnt want. Or forget all this and wait to order a 2020 your way.

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
I really want this jeep, but the bottom line is still too high for me. Esp since 2020s will be here soon.

Also have FOMO, for wondering what new features the 2020 will have? Any rumors??
Buddy if the pricing is too high for you, will another $800 off make a difference? Will waiting for a 2020 make a difference? Know your budget and buy what is financially safe at this moment.

good luck once again

Mjmi69

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab, 2019 BMW 335, 2018 Jeep Rubicon Recon, 2018 BMW 435i
Occupation
Broker/Owner

Aug or Sept.
Sponsored