Sponsored

Is this a good deal on a Wrangler Sahara?

Suzi

First Name
Suzi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
First time Jeep buyer (but always wanted one!) so thank you in advance for any advice!
The jeep is basically going to be for trips to the beach with my dog, driving around town, & occasional road trips. May tow jet-skis or boat in future.

Looking at an almost fully loaded 2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, MSRP is $56,000. Dealer sent a picture of the Invoice showing $53,000. With employee pricing going on now and a couple other discounts I got it down to $48,800. plus taxes,title,etc (OTD price is $53,000). Not sure if I can also get the 36 mo financing for 0%.

My questions:

Is just over 13% under MSRP a good deal on a Wrangler Sahara?

FCA started friends and family pricing with the shutdowns, and then went to the even better employee pricing on April 15. I'm told Jeep doesn't usually discount much on the Wranglers, are the employee pricing & financing deals going on now really the best deals Jeep has ever offered to the public? Think the deals will get better like if shutdowns are further extended?

I liked the pick up on the 2.0L Turbo, but is the 3.6L V6 a better choice for longevity, reliability & mileage? Is the pick up similar on the 4.0L V6 as the 2.0L Turbo?

Thanks again for any advice you can offer!!
Sponsored

JtwJL

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
Yeah, you would NEVER see this much below invoice on a wrangler, this pandemic is causing them to do this to make sales.

Also, don't cheap out on some options!! for example the LED lighting group and alpine upgrade are 1000% worth it (I went halogens on my order since I figured I would want aftermarket anyways, this was the initial release in 2018 so wasn't much information out there now, basically aftermarket cost me abit more but still a upgrade to LED headlights)

Also proximity key is great, LSD option provides M220 rear (I believe it still does).

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
First time Jeep buyer (but always wanted one!) so thank you in advance for any advice!
The jeep is basically going to be for trips to the beach with my dog, driving around town, & occasional road trips. May tow jet-skis or boat in future.

Looking at an almost fully loaded 2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, MSRP is $56,000. Dealer sent a picture of the Invoice showing $53,000. With employee pricing going on now and a couple other discounts I got it down to $48,800. plus taxes,title,etc (OTD price is $53,000). Not sure if I can also get the 36 mo financing for 0%.

My questions:

FCA started friends and family pricing with the shutdowns, and then went to the even better employee pricing on April 15. I'm told Jeep doesn't usually discount much on the Wranglers, are the employee pricing & financing deals going on now really the best deals Jeep has ever offered to the public? Think the deals will get better like if shutdowns are further extended?

I liked the pick up on the 2.0L Turbo, but is the 3.6L V6 a better choice for longevity, reliability & mileage? Is the pick up similar on the 4.0L V6 as the 2.0L Turbo?

I got 13% off MSRP last Feb on a 2019 JLR. 0% is worth something. I think you probably can do better considering this economy.

Go drive both the 3.6L V6 and the 2.0 Turbo. You will definitely notice the 2.0 Turbo feels more lively and have "more" push. It will feel like it takes less effort to get moving. The 2.0 Turbo has more sporty feeling.

The 2.0 will have better mpg but uses premium gas so cost on average will be close to a wash. That's unless the price of oil stays where it is today. It was-$35 a barrel last night! lol.

Both engines have the same warranty and you can buy a extended warranty if you plan on keeping it beyond the standred warranty. DO NOT buy the extended warranty without getting a quote first from one of the discounted dealers. The discounted prices for extended warranties are about 40%-45% less then the msrp.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Suzi

First Name
Suzi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, you would NEVER see this much below invoice on a wrangler, this pandemic is causing them to do this to make sales.

Also, don't cheap out on some options!! for example the LED lighting group and alpine upgrade are 1000% worth it (I went halogens on my order since I figured I would want aftermarket anyways, this was the initial release in 2018 so wasn't much information out there now, basically aftermarket cost me abit more but still a upgrade to LED headlights)

Also proximity key is great, LSD option provides M220 rear (I believe it still does).
This thing has everything but the smokers pkg (which I def don’t need it). Even has the cold weather & I live in FL

Thanks for the advice!

OP
OP

Suzi

First Name
Suzi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got 13% off MSRP last Feb on a 2019 JLR. 0% is worth something. I think you probably can do better considering this economy.

Go drive both the 3.6L V6 and the 2.0 Turbo. You will definitely notice the 2.0 Turbo feels more lively and have "more" push. It will feel like it takes less effort to get moving. The 2.0 Turbo has more sporty feeling.

The 2.0 will have better mpg but uses premium gas so cost on average will be close to a wash. That's unless the price of oil stays where it is today. It was-$35 a barrel last night! lol.

Both engines have the same warranty and you can buy a extended warranty if you plan on keeping it beyond the standred warranty. DO NOT buy the extended warranty without getting a quote first from one of the discounted dealers. The discounted prices for extended warranties are about 40%-45% less then the msrp.
Thanks so much! I did drive both and I felt the same thing with the turbo, I think I am going that way.
By discounted dealers do you mean 3rd party dealers? Can you recommend one? Thanks again!

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks so much! I did drive both and I felt the same thing with the turbo, I think I am going that way.
By discounted dealers do you mean 3rd party dealers? Can you recommend one? Thanks again!
There are a couple of dealers who sell the Mopar Max Care Extended Warranties for a discount. The discounts are substantial.

Zigler also sells them at a discount but I found their prices were higher then Clay or Tom.

You can also sign up for the FCA credit card and get $100 off of a Mopar purchase. The Mopar warranty qualifies for the $100 credit. It's another $100 off the price of the warranty. Just ask Tom or Clay.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/where-to-buy-extended-warranty.45590/

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/post-your-extended-warranty-price-here.14616/

Clay Robbins
785-537-0357 [email protected]
------------------------------------------------------
Tom Winkels
Finance Manager

Hayes Jeep
3718 Stadium Drive
Kalamazoo, Mi 49008

Direct Contact Info:
[email protected]
269-385-1116
-------------------------------------------------------
https://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

My questions:

Ask the dealer about stacking Affiliate or Tread Lightly pricing. Tread Lightly or Affiliate Pricing is a additional 2%-under invoice. See if your employer is listed on the Affiliate list. You can sign up to Tread Lightly for a $100 donation if your employer is not on the Affiliate list.

You can also sign up for the Allstate Bonus Drive and get back $250 after you buy your Wrangler. You do not have to be a customer of Allstate.

https://www.fcausaffiliates.com/content/dam/affiliate-rewards/docs/companylocator.pdf

https://goodlife.allstate.com/interstitial/bonusdrive/

https://www.treadlightly.org

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
If your going to spend that much why not get a Rubicon?

JL420

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
That sounds like a great deal. @Suzi - What dealership are you working with? I'm currently looking to see if a can snag a deal on a Rubicon but the dealerships aren't willing to deal here in South Florida.