First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Occupation
Retired
I have searched but cannot find whether there is a real written owners manual included in the new Wranglers. Some say they found one in their new Wranglers and then some say no??
Sponsored

OP
OP
garykk

garykk

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Occupation
Retired

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
They typically donā€™t. The one pictured above is the first Iā€™ve seen that actually says owners manual. Normally itā€™s just the ā€œusers guideā€ which is missing about 500 pages. The owners manual takes up way too much space, and can be specially requested if you would like to have one.

Mad Hatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2011 MDX Advance
I cannot speak for current models, but in 2018 there were TWO manuals:
  • A 120-page color "Essential Information Guide", which came with the vehicle in the pouch in the glove compartment.
  • A 600-page black and white "Owners Manual" that could be requested from Jeep Care and shipped at no cost. This version could also be downloaded as a pdf file.
From the comments and recurring questions in this forum, many owners erroneously believe that the incomplete guide is the Owners Manual. I have both, and there is no comparison between the two.

(Edit: mwilk012 posted similar information while I was drafting mine.)

Postscript editorial comment: Whatever money then-FCA thought they were saving by not putting the complete manual in all Wranglers was probably consumed and then some with the editorial and printing costs of the "Essential Information Guide." Penny-wise and pound-foolish!

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase
My '21 JLU came with one and my daughters '22 JL came with one as well.

Blazing Saddles

First Name
Not Sure
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Jeep
Occupation
Staring at this forum
My 22 and my wife's 20 had the printed owner's manual. And to address the size, the one I have is 472 pages, so it's not the abridged one.

FloridaSon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Altitude order 2/4/22 Gupton 3/31 home 4/16.
The owners manual on the MOPAR Website is also showing 471 pages as stated by Blazing Saddles for 2022 Wrangler.

Sponsored

JeepGeezer

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Sport S
Occupation
Happily retired
I got a large printed manual with the 2022 Wrangler Sport S that I bought about 3 days ago, but I downloaded the current electronic version well before I actually bought the Jeep. I find the electronic version much easier to use.

I will put the electronic version on my phone so it is available but the printed version is in the glove compartment.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
I cannot speak for current models, but in 2018 there were TWO manuals:
  • A 120-page color "Essential Information Guide", which came with the vehicle in the pouch in the glove compartment.
  • A 600-page black and white "Owners Manual" that could be requested from Jeep Care and shipped at no cost. This version could also be downloaded as a pdf file.
From the comments and recurring questions in this forum, many owners erroneously believe that the incomplete guide is the Owners Manual. I have both, and there is no comparison between the two.

(Edit: mwilk012 posted similar information while I was drafting mine.)

Postscript editorial comment: Whatever money then-FCA thought they were saving by not putting the complete manual in all Wranglers was probably consumed and then some with the editorial and printing costs of the "Essential Information Guide." Penny-wise and pound-foolish!
Same for the 2019. I had to contact FCA to obtain the 600 page owner's manual.

Rjstevens

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Sahara (on order)
I just picked up my 2022 Sahara. It came with a printed owners manual in the glove box.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I wonder if it has anything to do with how dealers place the orders? I herd some did not come with the full printed owners manuals. Both my '19 JLR and '22 JLR came with the full manuals in the glove box.

Don't quote me but I also thought you can access the owners manual electronically through UConnect?

OP
OP
garykk

garykk

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Occupation
Retired
thanks all, I did download the owners manual PDF, unfortunately, when downloaded to my iPad or iPhone , the photos in the manual are all screwed up. I guess Stellantis didnā€™t feel like doing a PDF that works on IOS.
Sponsored