Sponsored

Is there markup if you factory order a 392?

SargeRubi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Hey guys for those who factory ordered a 392 are you paying MSRP or are they making you pay a mark up? I know dealers are marking them up. Thanks
Sponsored

Bay_Area_Guy

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wrangler 392 XR, BMW X5 50i
Hey guys for those who factory ordered a 392 are you paying MSRP or are they making you pay a mark up? I know dealers are marking them up. Thanks
@SargeRubi - I can tell you that Stellantis & Jeep Corporate don't support the dealer mark ups from my personal experience of ordering my factory-build 2022 392 XR last week.

I shared this on the build tracking page, but I had a pretty wild story of ordering this factory-build 392. I will preface that I am completely new to Jeep besides having a family member that owns a Rubicon and being in it a few times.

The short story of a long story is that I tried doing a factory build of the 392 and after spending an hour+ of back & forth (not including travel) with the dealership.... they then threw the wild pitch of paying $10,000+ above MSRP. I totally understand a case for mark up if the vehicle was on the lot but for a factory build... IMO dealerships should take their easy profits with no negotiation at MSRP. Ultimately, they didn't see my reasoning, wouldn't budge, and wouldn't take my money.

I proceeded to send 1 email to the top of Jeep @ Stellantis, pointing out that this situation hurts their brand equity with new consumers and that Jeep/Stellantis should do their best to influence independent dealers from hurting Jeep's earned brand. I was reaching out simply because it felt like the right thing to do given that other car manufacturers are suffering similar experiences (ex. Toyota with Rav4).

I was shocked by Jeep's amazing response.... Within 24 hours, I received a call by a corporate head who then ultimately put me in touch with a local dealer that would take care of my factory-build order immediately at MSRP.

It's a good reminder to voice your constructive feelings (good and bad) to the people who care about them the most. I am a huge fan of Jeep's/Stellantis' corporate leadership & response. That email helped me join all of you in this community as well as save $10,000!

OP
OP

SargeRubi

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
@SargeRubi - I can tell you that Stellantis & Jeep Corporate don't support the dealer mark ups from my personal experience of ordering my factory-build 2022 392 XR last week.

I shared this on the build tracking page, but I had a pretty wild story of ordering this factory-build 392. I will preface that I am completely new to Jeep besides having a family member that owns a Rubicon and being in it a few times.

The short story of a long story is that I tried doing a factory build of the 392 and after spending an hour+ of back & forth (not including travel) with the dealership.... they then threw the wild pitch of paying $10,000+ above MSRP. I totally understand a case for mark up if the vehicle was on the lot but for a factory build... IMO dealerships should take their easy profits with no negotiation at MSRP. Ultimately, they didn't see my reasoning, wouldn't budge, and wouldn't take my money.

I proceeded to send 1 email to the top of Jeep @ Stellantis, pointing out that this situation hurts their brand equity with new consumers and that Jeep/Stellantis should do their best to influence independent dealers from hurting Jeep's earned brand. I was reaching out simply because it felt like the right thing to do given that other car manufacturers are suffering similar experiences (ex. Toyota with Rav4).

I was shocked by Jeep's amazing response.... Within 24 hours, I received a call by a corporate head who then ultimately put me in touch with a local dealer that would take care of my factory-build order immediately at MSRP.

It's a good reminder to voice your constructive feelings (good and bad) to the people who care about them the most. I am a huge fan of Jeep's/Stellantis' corporate leadership & response. That email helped me join all of you in this community as well as save $10,000!

Thank you for that response this was very helpful. How long did it take to get your Jeep?

Uncommon Sense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray '22 392XR
There are several dealers who are selling under MSRP for orders. However, if you try to buy off a lot, ADMs seem pretty common (at least around these parts).

I have not heard of any dealers who are mentioned on the forum reneging on price commitments but I have heard of a few stories of it happening but nothing nearly as egregious as to what is happening with Broncos.

Sponsored

Ronin-go

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Pontiac Firebird, 1968 GMC stepside, 2009 G8
I had initially placed an order for one from a dealership in Tampa, FL. They wanted $10K over MSPR, and I finally got them down to only $5k over. After waiting a few months, with little to no updates, I found another dealership willing to place my order, including the XR package, which had just been released. I cancelled the first order, and went with the second one.

It took 5 months, 2 and half weeks, from placing the order to delivery to my house on the other side of the country. And I still paid less for it, even with the added XR package, compared to the first dealer price. Since then, a number of dealerships have stated here on this forum, that they'll place your order for less than MSPR. Just search the forum for a bit, you'll find them.

Bay_Area_Guy

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for that response this was very helpful. How long did it take to get your Jeep?
Glad it was helpful! This literally all happened over the course of last week. I moved forward with the Jeep dealership on 1/07/2022. I don’t expect to get it for a few months but l’ll update you all if something else changes.

Bay_Area_Guy

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No - the opposite. Ordering is how you get under msrp.
Totally agree with you! But this buyer’s market is pretty weird today…. I never thought I would be happy to pay MSRP!

I just am glad that Stellantis/Jeep was willing to take a stand against marking up over MSRP for a factory build in this case with me.

Thx1158

First Name
RWW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 2020 Land Rover Discovery
Occupation
Retired USMC
I was at my dealer yesterday and told that as of now….it’s MSRP on orders with no additional mark up.

Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon

Super handy that you had the option of "email to the top at Stellantis". Can you post the emails up? Obviously blocking out personal details of course.

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
Is there markup? Sure, at many dealers. But you need to move on and find one that doesn’t mark them up. When I started the buying process for my 392 last August, my local dealer had a 12k “market adjustment” markup. I simply went to a dealer a couple towns over who didn’t do that. They got my business.

easter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hey All,

Due to unforeseen circumstances, I will not be able to pick up my Granite Grey 392 XR (Located in Pacific Northwest). The team and dealership I worked with have been great start to finish and I definitely recommend anyone looking for a 392 to give them a call. It is arriving soon so this is a chance to swipe it off the delivery truck:

Jeremy
503-860-5745

areuriding

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon XR
Many dealers under invoice on those... Look at other threads.. KOONS is 1 of them
Sponsored