Sponsored

Is there anyway to stop the weak battery clicking when the battery failed to start?

Pliskin

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
So I knew my battery is too weak to ignite when I connect the air pump to the cig lighter port after several time.

Then I tried to start the car when its battery is dying, as always. The dashboard flashes, wiper swings, instrument panel flashes, side marker flashes. And the car won’t start but start to make some clicking noise.

I can have someone to jump start for me tomorrow but not now because I’m staying in a campground (sleep in the car) and it’s too late now.

But the problem is when the car keeps making the clicking noise all the time and there is no way to stop this failed ignition cycle.

It looks like the battery will try to ignite the engine infinitely until it lose all the power. I have to watch the lights flash for 20mins, then wiper stops, clicking noise would stop after 30mins. Then after some while. The battery recovered some energy somehow (I guess?), the clicking sound come back again for another 10 mins until it stopped.

Tried to pull the F02 fuse but it didnt work.

(Sorry I forgot to bring the wrench with me to disconnect the battery terminals. )

I don’t know but i suppose the vehicle should kill the battery start cycle after a certain amount of time? Otherwise it will keep sending signal and try to start the car until it completely dead.
Sponsored