Sponsored

Is there any benefit to buying a Jeep from the dealership you Plan to use for Service?

LennyV

First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl
Hello,

I am new to the Jeep brand. I am shopping for a Jeep and it seems the dealerships that will give a good price are 2 hours away from me.

As the title suggests, when I bring the Jeep for service at a local dealership, will I miss out on any benefits they offer customers that purchased from the dealership.

I only ask because I bought a used MINI, and when I would bring it to the dealer for service they only offered loaner cars to customers who purchased from them. The next dealership was 50 miles away, so I was stuck with them.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Matt_35

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Nope ! or atleast I don't think so. I've leased/bought three 4Runners from 3 different places in last 12 yrs and brought them for service at the same dealership which was closer to my home. Probably only once or twice the service rep asked me why didn't you buy from us and I said I've always tried (which I did) but your dealership never gives a good deal or even match something that's just 7 miles away.

They get paid when your vehicle is under warranty or no warranty so that's still business to them.

Never took the loaner as I always took shuttle but free loaner I've usually seen comes with a luxury cars.

SixteenPaws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Hello,

I am new to the Jeep brand. I am shopping for a Jeep and it seems the dealerships that will give a good price are 2 hours away from me.

As the title suggests, when I bring the Jeep for service at a local dealership, will I miss out on any benefits they offer customers that purchased from the dealership.

I only ask because I bought a used MINI, and when I would bring it to the dealer for service they only offered loaner cars to customers who purchased from them. The next dealership was 50 miles away, so I was stuck with them.

Thanks!
From my experience there is little difference. When I bought my wife an Acura years ago the dealership gave free car washes if you bought from them and for a time had a shuttle service to the airport for people who bought from them. Other than a couple of random ā€˜perksā€™ Iā€™ve never received any different service if I didnā€™t buy from the dealer I went to.

OP
OP
LennyV

LennyV

First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Jl
Nope ! or atleast I don't think so. I've leased/bought three 4Runners from 3 different places in last 12 yrs and brought them for service at the same dealership which was closer to my home. Probably only once or twice the service rep asked me why didn't you buy from us and I said I've always tried (which I did) but your dealership never gives a good deal or even match something that's just 7 miles away.

They get paid when your vehicle is under warranty or no warranty so that's still business to them.

Never took the loaner as I always took shuttle but free loaner I've usually seen comes with a luxury cars.
From my experience there is little difference. When I bought my wife an Acura years ago the dealership gave free car washes if you bought from them and for a time had a shuttle service to the airport for people who bought from them. Other than a couple of random ā€˜perksā€™ Iā€™ve never received any different service if I didnā€™t buy from the dealer I went to.
Thank you guys for your input.

Any current Jeep owners out there that can share some guidance?

Thanks!

Sponsored

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Pretty sure with a new Jeep you are in the Jeep Wave program for a year, maybe two for free. If Iā€™m not mistaken that includes a loaner car for maintenance and service.

SixteenPaws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Pretty sure with a new Jeep you are in the Jeep Wave program for a year, maybe two for free. If Iā€™m not mistaken that includes a loaner car for maintenance and service.
Itā€™s a two year thing and also includes 2 oil changes per yr.

Matt_35

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
You could go to any dealer to get the benefits of Jeep Wave Program

"Each 2-year membership provides four oil changes and four tire rotations (two of each per year), and 1-year memberships provide two oil changes and two tire rotations. JeepĀ® Wave members can go to any U.S. authorized FCA US LLC dealer to redeem these services".

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
I bought my JL 500 miles from home and got an email from the local dealers service department saying they were sorry the sales department couldnā€™t close the deal but they still wanted to perform any service needs.. LOL... this is the 3rd time sales couldnā€™t close but service did....

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
Dealer is three different businesses in one; sales, service, and parts. I believe they have different accounting lines and donā€™t mix. For example, once I got car mats included in my deal. Sales had to cut a check and give it to the parts manager before they handed over the mats.

Service doesnā€™t care where you bought your Jeep from. They want you to bring it in for them to service so they can make money.

However, buy buying from the same dealer you plan to get service from you could be eligible for some dealer only perks like free loaners, car washes, coupons, etc. All depends on the dealer. Also, I saw that issues not found during delivery or PDI by the selling dealer had to be taken care of by the selling dealer. It wasnā€™t categorized as a a warranty issue, so the buyer had to take it back to the dealer they bought it from in order to get it fixed.
Sponsored