Sponsored

Is there a way to turn off rear defroster on remote start?

AlexJeepVB

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2.0T eTorque
Is there a way to turn off rear defroster and full blast heat when under 40 degrees and you remote start with hard top?
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Is there a way to turn off rear defroster and full blast heat when under 40 degrees and you remote start with hard top?
There's a setting in the uconnect that allows the choice of those features engaging on either all starts or remote starts. Both boxes need to be unchecked to fully disable that feature.

OP
OP
AlexJeepVB

AlexJeepVB

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2.0T eTorque
There's a setting in the uconnect that allows the choice of those features engaging on either all starts or remote starts. Both boxes need to be unchecked to fully disable that feature.
I only see the heated seats and steering wheel under auto on menu

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I only see the heated seats and steering wheel under auto on menu
I thought I remembered more than those 2 options, but after checking mine, I was mistaken. There doesn't seem to be any factory settings for that much control, and I'm also not seeing any additional settings with the Tazer.

Yellowknife

Threads
Reaction score
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, Canada
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2 Door
I was just searching with the same question; the solder that fuses our rear defrost electrical cable to the rear window actually let go (connection broke apart), so our rear window is no longer being defrosted and needlessly sucking battery juice on startup even though the button/light on the console is lit up. Just curious why you don't want it on? For us, I don't like the battery drain and we never need to have the rear window defrosted. Cheers, YK

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I was just searching with the same question; the solder that fuses our rear defrost electrical cable to the rear window actually let go (connection broke apart), so our rear window is no longer being defrosted and needlessly sucking battery juice on startup even though the button/light on the console is lit up. Just curious why you don't want it on? For us, I don't like the battery drain and we never need to have the rear window defrosted. Cheers, YK
@Yellowknife

Remove F81, (a 30 amp, Pink Cartridge) that resides in the Power Distribution Center (PDC)!
Do that and the power to the rear window defroster is killed.

Yes, you will still see the led light up on the dash defroster, but again no power will be going to the defroster, thanks to the mentioned fuse pull.

Yellowknife

Threads
Reaction score
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories, Canada
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2 Door
@Yellowknife

Remove F81, (a 30 amp, Pink Cartridge) that resides in the Power Distribution Center (PDC)!
Do that and the power to the rear window defroster is killed.

Yes, you will still see the led light up on the dash defroster, but again no power will be going to the defroster, thanks to the mentioned fuse pull.
I did the same thing with my sunroof on my Power Wagon after we Line-x'd the roof right over it since the damn thing has been nothing but a POS since day 1 and we chase storms with it anyway

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
If it's started and turns on the defroster, it's not pulling electricity from the battery and if there is no physical connection to finish the circuit, it's definitely not drawing any current at all.

In saying that. It's a warranty fix and out of warranty it's also an easy home fix with the proper "glue".
https://www.amazon.ca/Rear-window-d...ocphy=9000687&hvtargid=pla-915653142465&psc=1

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
The diff roster turns in with the heated seats during the remote start so I think if you disable seat and steering wheel activation then the defroster may shut off as well

Sponsored

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
Sorry, but welcome to the disconnected rear defrost wire club!! It's a big and most have had many failed fixes...different thread!!!

Good Luck!

Go Jeep!!!!

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Doesn't. Have those off already to save juice but good suggestion.
What do you mean "save juice"? It's running, there is no "juice to be saved". Now, if you mean overall load on the electrical system, then yes, having them off will do that but the system is designed to use them so it's not causing any issues other that your ass will be hot when you get in.

Personally. I just wish we could set the temp threshhold. They come on up to 4°C which is too warm for seat heaters for me anyway.

Wulfgott

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PUNK'N 2.0L Turbo JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Meat popsicle
Wouldn't be that hard to splice a quick disconnect into it so you can just disconnect it and tuck it up out of the way when you don't want it and then connect it back when you do. Without pulling it off the window mounted press lock and potentially damaging the heating element and connector on the window directly.

For those with a sky one touch top that want to take the rear window out when running open and side windows off that kind of quick connect would be ideal in my opinion.
Sponsored