Sponsored

Is there a way to remove the requirement of the seatbelt being on for the Auto Start/stop to work?

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
Tazer let’s you turn off the seatbelt alert and or the ess, I am thinking if you turn off seatbelt and turn on ess, that would do it
Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
If you don't want to spend $$$ on a taser, either buy the cheap buckle inserts or the more expensive buckle extenders like these. Seat Belt Extender Pros™ - Shop Extenders by Car

If you feel particularly energetic, get the wiring diagrams on our forum and jump the connector under the seat.

BTW, the seat belt chime can be disabled. How do you turn off the seatbelt chime on a 2020 Jeep Wrangler? - Google Search I disabled mine after a bird hunting trip with a friend that can't hear the chime. Drove me nuts. You still get the dash light, and I assume it has nothing that affect AutoPark function.

Last edited:

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

At the ranch we always just buckle it and sit in front of it
Yep, we used to run the seatbelt behind the seat and buckle it to shut off the seatbelt chime. Seemed silly to have to buckle up while roaming the pasture.

Mad Hatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2011 MDX Advance
I know seat-belt use is a totally personal decision and some people regard seat-belt use or non-use as a matter of personal freedom.

But let me tell a little story:

Oh probably 60+ years ago at about 10 years old I was riding shotgun (front seat passenger side) in a vehicle that rear-ended another at probably 15 mph.* I was not wearing a seat-belt. The image of the unpadded, beveled metal dash that tried to penetrate my ribs is still clear in my mind. This was, ahem, painful. Rode to the hospital in an ambulance. They taped my right-side ribs from armpit to waist. I also recall the excruciating sharp pain when, smiling, they removed the tape a few weeks later in one sharp grab. (Never, ever again.)

To this day I feel "butt-nekkid" without my seat-belt on, even if I am just moving the car in my driveway.

I cannot think of a more foolish thing to do than bypass one's seat-belt. Off-roading door-less where there is no traffic? Ever hear of occupant ejection?

Your choice, and, yes, your mileage may vary.

Stay safe out there!

_______
*-The circumstances distract from my comments above, but for those curious how one can rear-end at 15 mph: This was at the entrance gate to the Air Force Academy in Colorado, where we lived at the time. My neighbor had driven my parents to the airport in my parents' car. We were entering the gate behind a visitor. Just past the police gate building there is a stop sign, which nobody with an Academy sticker on the bumper stopped at after the Air Policeman waved you through. Just at the moment that my neighbor looked left to the Air Policeman to be waved through, the visitor in front got confused and stopped for the stop sign. Bang!

This wouldn't happen today, as today, all vehicles are stopped at most if not all Military Installations and all ID's checked.

00 Trans Ram

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
Wait - am I understanding this right?

Someone WANTS auto-start/stop . . . and DOESN'T WANT to wear a seatbelt?
Sponsored