Sponsored

Is there a way to reduce turbo lag on the 2.0T?

bigbaozi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
I didn't come here to argue with anyone about which vehicles that happen to have less turbo lag than the 2.0, I came here for the purpose stated in the title. As for why I responded just to you, well that was because I saw a little bit of irony in your post.
My .02, and I get why you are here, is that there are some cheaper solutions you could try because I think the root complaint is likely accelerator / transmission lag. So a chip or messing with the accelerator are good options that don't involve ripping apart your engine.

And the Pedal Commander is $300, there's other options as well (2 in this thread). That one just seems to be the name brand now. Pickup guys love the damn things.

Or supercharge a 3.6L, which would be pretty fun. Plus you could do a manual. Whooo.

Anyway, good luck, peace out, etc. Don't start looking at inductive sensors because that seems to be one hell of a rabbit hole.
Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0

bigbaozi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And final final thought, you don't like the accelerator control, you can always find someone in the marketplace to buy it :)

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
My .02, and I get why you are here, is that there are some cheaper solutions you could try because I think the root complaint is likely accelerator / transmission lag. So a chip or messing with the accelerator are good options that don't involve ripping apart your engine.

And the Pedal Commander is $300, there's other options as well (2 in this thread). That one just seems to be the name brand now. Pickup guys love the damn things.

Or supercharge a 3.6L, which would be pretty fun. Plus you could do a manual. Whooo.

Anyway, good luck, peace out, etc. Don't start looking at inductive sensors because that seems to be one hell of a rabbit hole.
It's too late...

Sponsored

OP
OP
Go Outside

Go Outside

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
Checking my throttle position 50 times per second is often enough. I think a 1/50th of a second lag is not the problem we are dealing with here.

bigbaozi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
He was pointing out having a measure of cycles per second per second, Hz/s. Like mph per hour.

Probably just some muppet doing the chart made a mistake.

Sponsored

Obi.Wan.Shawnobi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Tan 4Xe Rubicon
Occupation
Elevator Techinician.
I want to buy a pedal commander to introduce more lag so my wife drives slower and gets better gas mileage.
This can be done as well. Its painful in -3 econo mode

Obi.Wan.Shawnobi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Elevator Techinician.
I have the 2.0T, with Etorque, and no turbo lag. One of the functions of the Etorque is to keep engine rpms at the optimum for shifts, so maybe this helps with the perceived " turbo lag" vs non Etorque 2.0T ?
Yes. Its soo seamless, I love it. Even when it kicks the engine back on, its smooth. I hear ot provides up to 150ft lbs of electric assist. Like I mentioned in other places, I was at 13,000 feet and barely noticed a difference in pedal feel in regards to lag.

Obi.Wan.Shawnobi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Elevator Techinician.
So i'm not sure why they are talking Hrtz. I mean its a source manipulation (i'm also not an electrical engineer, soo). The potentiometer contains a carbon track connected to the power supply at one end and ground at the other. A slider mechanically connected to the accelerator pedal slides over the carbon track picking up the sensor voltage.

The ECU monitors applied voltage as well as rate of change of voltage. SOO... the device plugs in in-line between the pedal and the ecu. To the best of my knowledge, it will exponentially increase that voltage signal, or retard it for eco mode. I have always been skeptical with these types of products ever since those weird ass performance modules showed up on ebay 20 years ago.

But they work. the Pedal Commander (which I use) (with other mods) works really really well. If i set it race mode and set the sub settings to the highest value, I can break traction at the rear wheel... I am running 37's with stock Rubicon gearing. It's almost violent acceleration. It's not what I ever want to feel in my 2dr Wrangler.

I think for a minimal investment, this is the best bang for the buck for "seat of the pants" feel for performance mods. This does not give you more HP but changes the way you use it.

I have great success with performance upgrades with the 2.0L t. Compared to boosting a NA engine or swapping the stock turbo for a larger one and remapping, for around $1,500 you can get a real performance change that I think would keep most people satisfied.

My mods include:
-Pedal Commander ( $299 no Performance gains)
-Race Chip piggyback performance chip tuner ($550 w/ bluetooth)
Jeep 2.0T 270 HP (199 kW) 295 TQ
RaceChip GTS + App
+29 HP (+22 kW)
+44 TQ

-Mishimoto intercooler pipe ($388 Dyno-proven gains of up to 12 lb-ft of torque and 7 horsepower)
AFE intake filter ($60 stock intake, probably negligible gains)
AFE rear muffler delete ($149 , probably negligible gains)

Recently came back from a trip to Colorado which included Black Bear Pass, Imogene Pass and Mosquito Pass. My little 2.0t with 37's out performed 2 JK's with 35's.

There is this weird sweet spot with the eTorque and these mods. and I like it.
Sponsored