Is there a speed limiter? *Serious*

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Take a look around you. Take note of the vehicles that are designed to go fast. None of them is shaped like a box.
Sponsored

Capricorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL Willys XR V6
Occupation
Network Architect & Engineer
Apart from the aerodynamics of a metal brick on wheels, the center of gravity even on a stock Wrangler is too high for such high speeds.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Just wait until guys start getting their 392 Hemi JLs. I predict quite a few horrendous crashes on Instagram later this year.

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Apart from the aerodynamics of a metal brick on wheels, the center of gravity even on a stock Wrangler is too high for such high speeds.
True...

Fast, sporty cars have a low center of gravity. They need it to navigate curves at high speed.

Sponsored

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
Just wait until guys start getting their 392 Hemi JLs. I predict quite a few horrendous crashes on Instagram later this year.
Agreed. People with no idea how to handle that power, or even a first time Jeep owner that doesn’t know how to handle that much power...

Just 1 high speed highly dumbass maneuver is all it will take ☠ 💀

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
And none of them have the added Jeep feature death wobble :)
Death wobble virtually goes away over 70mph. My old xj with worn out suspension would get it bad, especially with the 35x14.50 pitbulls on it, but only between ~45 and 60 mph. If you floored it you could accelerate out of the wobbles. Safe? Hell no, but a young wheeler on a budget would find a way to get to and from the trails. A sport has basically the same aerodynamics, and is limited to 115 mph. Not the right vehicle for speed runs, but clearly safe enough at 115 according to jeep engineers. Most mud terrains are rated Q or less, 99mph. I've seen lots of at's rated S for 112 mph. I've had my rebel to the limiter at 105 mph on dirt in the desert. You are no closer to instant disaster at that speed than you are on some of the shelf roads and cliff trails we run in our Jeeps. Do what you're comfortable with, and obviously be more cautious around others. Hell people jump out of perfectly good airplanes and we weren't exactly engineered to fly, to each his own.

Beebe Senior

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Lord Jesus, even if I wanted to get my Rubi over 80, my wife would shoot me in the head.

runningshoes

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Death wobble virtually goes away over 70mph. .....
I'm going to disagree here - my 19 Sahara didn't have it and my current 19 Rubi doesn't either so I've never experienced it first hand. My only experience with the wobble was seeing it on a white Wrangler while driving to work last week. I was doing low 70's on the highway, got passed by the guy who was probably close to 80 and about 50 feet later he got the wobble. Slowed down in a hurry, but then he picked it up again. It was bad, tires probably 30 degrees off center. Scared the crap out of me and I wasn't even in the jeep...

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Anyone who wants to bypass this and travel faster than 97mph on a Rubicon bought the wrong vehicle.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
I'm going to disagree here - my 19 Sahara didn't have it and my current 19 Rubi doesn't either so I've never experienced it first hand. My only experience with the wobble was seeing it on a white Wrangler while driving to work last week. I was doing low 70's on the highway, got passed by the guy who was probably close to 80 and about 50 feet later he got the wobble. Slowed down in a hurry, but then he picked it up again. It was bad, tires probably 30 degrees off center. Scared the crap out of me and I wasn't even in the jeep...
Depends on the cause and a lot of other factors of course, but I have accelerated out of the death wobble on multiple occasions. Likely very few people who've ever experienced it have even tried flooring it as it is terrifying the first time.
Sponsored