Sponsored

Is there a solution to get a clean signal before the Alpine Amplifier?

James Cole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hi guys,

In other platforms there are "decoders" that grab the canbus signal before the amp, its a clear unprocessed signal then you take that signal and feed it to your processor and amps.

With this method you phisically remove the OEM Alpine amp and you get the best sound quality to then process and tailor to your ears.

Anything like that for the Alpine JL Platform?

Thanks!
JC
Sponsored

Endeego

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon (Mojito!); 2015 Ducati Diavel (carbon red); Volvo XC90
Occupation
Shepherd
Hi guys,

In other platforms there are "decoders" that grab the canbus signal before the amp, its a clear unprocessed signal then you take that signal and feed it to your processor and amps.

With this method you phisically remove the OEM Alpine amp and you get the best sound quality to then process and tailor to your ears.

Anything like that for the Alpine JL Platform?

Thanks!
JC
Hi James,
Check out the posts from carsteriochick in this forum:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/posts/664205/
She talks about the PAC audio adapter for getting the digital signal from the head unit to send to your dsp/amps. It also integrates all the factory beeps, etc. for backup proximity, etc.
I have one in my set up. Here's a link to carsteriochick's YouTube video discussing the PAC audio adapter and the rest of the install in my JLUR: