Sponsored

Is there a shortage of 2-Door Wranglers (with manual transmissions)?

RowdySouth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR Mojito 6-speed, 2000 TJ (retired)
On this topic, how is the JL manual shifter near the console? Do beat your knuckles on the console as you shift?

In my TJ, I'm always hitting the auxiliary switches so I cant shift it like a gorilla. Its more of a finger grasp instead of a palm/hand hold.

traxtion

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Manual Rubicon
On this topic, how is the JL manual shifter near the console? Do beat your knuckles on the console as you shift?

In my TJ, I'm always hitting the auxiliary switches so I cant shift it like a gorilla. Its more of a finger grasp instead of a palm/hand hold.
Hasn't been an issue for me, there's plenty of clearance.

At Risk Ute

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
milehightrails.com
Vehicle(s)
‘94 YJ, ‘21 JLR, ‘22 JLUR XR, ‘23 392 XR
Occupation
Retired Navy

No console clearance issues. I’ll occasionally graze a passenger‘s knee going into 5th.

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
No back seat. I'm probably the only one that has thought about removing the passenger seat. It was an option back in the day. I've only had a couple riders in 1-1/2 years. It is a good spot for a frig. and other useful things. LOL

Sponsored

H to O

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys 2021, GMC Canyon 2015

When I was breaking in my JL 2dr manual, windows down, stereo up, I realized my hazard lights were flashing... had to pull off and figure out how to turn them off! Probably hit the switch going into third gear. And yes, I suppose I’ll evolve into a finger grasp vs. the palm hold that had plenty of clearance on the old TJ. The JL manual clearance is a bit tighter than I’d like, but I’ll adjust! ✌

Rubicon_10

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-door 6 speed Rubicon JL
Vehicle Showcase
I'm really in the market for another Wrangler and I'm only interested in the 2-door Wranglers (with manuals). I'd be up for a well-equipped Sport (with the Dana 44) or even a Rubicon. In fact, I'd even take a low-mileage JK. However in Arizona, the few we get statewide are snatched up quickly...except for the stripper models w/o the anti-spin axle. I figured the coming of the new Bronco would cause a slowdown of Wrangler sales, but apparently I am wrong...or are 2-door models just not being made in any volume anymore?
Try using autotrader advance search:
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for...teBanner=false&sortBy=relevance&numRecords=25

Beachy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
No back seat. I'm probably the only one that has thought about removing the passenger seat. It was an option back in the day. I've only had a couple riders in 1-1/2 years. It is a good spot for a frig. and other useful things. LOL
I'm planning on removing my back seat!

Sponsored

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Krylon Fusion is very good if you totally follow instructions. Been on for over a year without issues.

daboink

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Wrangler JL 3.6
Occupation
Design/Builder
I ordered a 2019 from Peterson in Nampa, Idaho, flew out there and then had a great trip with my Brother driving it back to Nashville, TN. I think I saved around $4,000 from them and they are a great, high service dealer. Yellowstone, Jackson Hole, Salt Lake City, MOAB !!!, Denver... I would do it again in a heart beat. Custom is the way to go; the wait between order and delivery is the hard part.

Quickeddy69

First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2D
Hi,

I have a 2020 Willy's I will posting for sale shortly. It has 2,653 miles on it. I barley drove it. Always garaged.

We have a 7 and 5 year old and the two door doesn't cut it.

It is all stock with the exception of wheel, hood and gas filler locks.

I'm going to ask $38,000 and I live in San Diego, CA.

If you are interest just let me know.

Attached are a few pics.

Hardtop.jpg

No top.jpg

WIndow Sticker.jpg

HardSell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Built Rubicon replaced modestly built stolen '87 XJ
Occupation
Nose Picker
I just got back from a 2,000 mile round trip to pick up my 2 door manual Rubicon. It’s my ideal configuration with nothing but a hard top.
Congratulations! Was the proximity key ignition included with your JLR? At one point, I was required to order and pay for that "feature" despite being an option. Killed the deal. Go to Hole in the Rock, southern Utah, east of Lake Powell. You'll love that low range 6sp mounting and dismounting Gray Mesa.
Sponsored