Sponsored

Is there a shortage of 2-Door Wranglers (with manual transmissions)?

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
There's a dealer in Alhambra, CA that has three totally stripped, base Sport 2 doors with manuals on their inventory website. Silver, Black, and White. The ONLY options on each of them is the color and trail rated kit... Not even A/C on any of them. $27k

I'm a bit confused as to why they have them, but I like it! Super rare to have stripped models in Southern CA. Well, in terms of vehicles that is.... I almost bought one instead of ordering mine but they were the wrong color and I wanted half doors.
And...they probably have the rarer yet window cranks.
Sponsored

FormerF150Owner

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline, Toyota Sienna, Jeep JKU 2016, ordered 2 door JL 2021 on 8/10/2020
I'd be curious to know how many 2-dr owners remove their back seats as soon as they get home from the dealer. I always did. One has to be a contortionist to get to the back seat.
The wife and I are both 56 with a 12 year old. We adopted later in life. She says "yes" about 30% of the time when we ask if she wants to go riding with us.

If it wasn't for the tweenager, the back seat would be out for sure!

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I'd be curious to know how many 2-dr owners remove their back seats as soon as they get home from the dealer. I always did. One has to be a contortionist to get to the back seat.
I removed the back seat on my 2013 Rubicon.

In fact, a 2-seat 2-door Wrangler is just about perfect for a household with no kids.

Fitting all the camping gear back there was a breeze.

HeatBird

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79' Corvette 4 spd. 21'Willys 2dr. 6 spd.
Occupation
Retired
I removed the back seat on my 2013 Rubicon.

In fact, a 2-seat 2-door Wrangler is just about perfect for a household with no kids.

Fitting all the camping gear back there was a breeze.
Good to hear about the camping equipment. Next summer I'm going camping in South Dakota.

iamstillvince

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler sport s
Yeah, had mine a month, seats in my basement

Sponsored

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
It’s far easier to get into the backseat than to put the backseat back in. Super easy to take out though (which I do regularly). But maybe I’m the only one who thinks it’s super easy to get in the backseat.
Oh, both my kids also think it’s easy to get in the backseat. It’s fun for them. They love the adventure. That’s what it’s about. That’s what makes a Jeep.

Deleted member 59098

There's a dealer in Alhambra, CA that has three totally stripped, base Sport 2 doors with manuals on their inventory website. Silver, Black, and White. The ONLY options on each of them is the color and trail rated kit... Not even A/C on any of them. $27k

I'm a bit confused as to why they have them, but I like it! Super rare to have stripped models in Southern CA. Well, in terms of vehicles that is.... I almost bought one instead of ordering mine but they were the wrong color and I wanted half doors.
Close to $10k more you can get a stripped Rubicon. The base Rubicon has all the modern conveniences like AC and power windows.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
It’s far easier to get into the backseat than to put the backseat back in. Super easy to take out though (which I do regularly). But maybe I’m the only one who thinks it’s super easy to get in the backseat.
Oh, both my kids also think it’s easy to get in the backseat. It’s fun for them. They love the adventure. That’s what it’s about. That’s what makes a Jeep.
To show you how little I’ve used the back seat, it took until my 4th JK to realize that the passenger seat tilts up from the back to make it marginally easier to get in

MauiSteve

First Name
Stephen Rodgers
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2 door, 2018 Colorado ZR2, 2009 Honda Ruckus, 1973 Honda CB750
Occupation
Mostly retired
We didn't exactly order a stripped Rubi but I worked to keep the price just below mid 40's landed here on Maui. Not easy to do.
Two door, 3.6, 6 speed, 8.4, rock rails, plastic bumpers, trailer and aux switches groups, stock soft top, no leather, no safety group, no led group, etc. You get the idea. We wanted the great basics of a Rubi with only select options. We don't have freeways here so I avoided all the commuting type stuff. I like the idea of a diesel but the cost for the miles we drive just doesn't make sense.
Yes, I'm getting a front bumper and winch and I wanted to make my own selections.
We really like our two door stick. A friend of mine called the stick a "theft protection device" because so many can't drive a stick.

Beachy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
I had a hard time finding any to test drive. Found a couple used ones to try to see how the JL felt & a rubicon to see if the gears mattered to me. But i ended up ordering one with the optima i wanted. They are very hard to find, and i couldn't stand the color of the one i found within 100 miles.

Sponsored

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase

So they can advertise in the local papers and magazines “NEW Wranglers from $27k!!!” and technically not be lying.

We didn't exactly order a stripped Rubi but I worked to keep the price just below mid 40's landed here on Maui. Not easy to do.
Two door, 3.6, 6 speed, 8.4, rock rails, plastic bumpers, trailer and aux switches groups, stock soft top, no leather, no safety group, no led group, etc. You get the idea. We wanted the great basics of a Rubi with only select options. We don't have freeways here so I avoided all the commuting type stuff. I like the idea of a diesel but the cost for the miles we drive just doesn't make sense.
Yes, I'm getting a front bumper and winch and I wanted to make my own selections.
We really like our two door stick. A friend of mine called the stick a "theft protection device" because so many can't drive a stick.
You definitely made the right call! A diesel would not like all the short island trips. I lived on Oahu for a few years and the average drive was probably 4 miles. Perfect for my old POS YJ that I could barely keep running!

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Yes, they are custom order-only.

In fact the dealers near me don't even order two doors at all anymore unless it's presold, let alone one with a manual transmission.

FWIW the local Porsche dealer also only orders manual transmissions for prepaid customer orders.

JeepDave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2D Sport, V6, Manual Transmission
"... only about 25% of all Wranglers sold today are 2 door ..."
Jeep chief engineer said last year, 2 doors are just 10% of sales (4:55 mark)...

JeepDave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2D Sport, V6, Manual Transmission
"... “NEW Wranglers from $27k!!!” and technically not be lying. "

Dealers here don't seem to have that problem.

Raz65

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
Mines been out of my 2012 for years and will probably be out shortly after my 2021 arrives.
Sponsored