Sponsored

Is there a shortage of 2-Door Wranglers (with manual transmissions)?

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
I found my 2 door manual on the lot last year with the exact color and options I was going to build with except it was missing the LSD I was wanting. It seems that turned out to be a blessing to get the open diff considering all the LSD problems.

They (koons) had several 2 door manuals at the time.
Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
When I started looking I knew It needed to be a 2 door manual and after 3 months of searching found one with 10,000 on the od with everything I wanted 2 hours away. Took a nice drive to pick it up and drove her home with a giant smile on my face!

IMG_4146.jpg

FormerF150Owner

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline, Toyota Sienna, Jeep JKU 2016, ordered 2 door JL 2021 on 8/10/2020
I wanted a base 3.6L, yellow, manual, with limited slip. I couldn't find one anywhere so I decided to order. If I was driving in city traffic I would have preferred the automatic but I love driving the stick shift with the top down.

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
Yeah I’ve gathered that an estimated 18-20% are 2-doors. And maybe 10% of all Jeeps this generation are manual. So they’re rare. Order one if you don’t find one because it’s not a matter of a shortage but rather less popular.

Sponsored

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
You'll likely never find one sitting on a lot. 2-door manual is about as undesirable as it gets and not likely for a dealer to order one for stock. Custom order is your best bet.
Let’s not confuse low sales with “undesirable”. I believe there are many 4 door owners that “desired” a 2 door and would have bought differently but couldn’t due to their situations or practicality needs.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
There appears to be an overall shortage of Wranglers, period. FCA has been cranking them out as fast as they can; some forum members indicate receiving theirs within one month from ordering, which has to be a record.

Customer orders appear to be taking precedence. My guess is FCA is not building any 2-door or manual transmission JLs unless it was specifically ordered by a customer.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
You're lucky that you couldn't find one on the lot - you would likely have been saddled with options you didn't necessarily want and bought it anyway. Order from Earnhardt in Gilbert. 5% under invoice.

BTW, this is my 1st 4-dr after four 2-drs. The upside to the scarcity is they sell quickly when you're ready for a newer model.

OP
OP
Edslittleworld

Edslittleworld

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Rubi, '21 Crosstrek, '20 Miata, BMW moto's
Thanks for your replies, guys! I've never ordered a vehicle as I primarily assumed there would be no discounts offered nor any negotiating allowed. Am I correct?

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Thanks for your replies, guys! I've never ordered a vehicle as I primarily assumed there would be no discounts offered nor any negotiating allowed. Am I correct?
Look at my post

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Just for kicks, I built a 2-door Rubicon online: V6, automatic, hardtop, steel bumpers, LEDs, Cold Weather Group, Safety Group, Tow Group, front camera, etc....$60,000. Geezis...! :surprised:

For that kind of money, just as well get the 4 door.

Ridiculous prices must be why 2-door Wranglers are becoming rarer and rarer.

RowdySouth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR Mojito 6-speed, 2000 TJ (retired)
When I started looking I knew It needed to be a 2 door manual and after 3 months of searching found one with 10,000 on the od with everything I wanted 2 hours away. Took a nice drive to pick it up and drove her home with a giant smile on my face!

Jeep Wrangler JL Is there a shortage of 2-Door Wranglers (with manual transmissions)? IMG_4146
Wow, that is nice! What are all the default packages/groups you included with it?

I'm stilling hunting for a used 2dr mojito, but they're always missing one item for another.

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Just for kicks, I built a 2-door Rubicon online: V6, automatic, hardtop, steel bumpers, LEDs, Cold Weather Group, Safety Group, Tow Group, front camera, etc....$60,000. Geezis...! :surprised:

For that kind of money, just as well get the 4 door.

Ridiculous prices must be why 2-door Wranglers are becoming rarer and rarer.
There’s a fixed price difference between the 2 and 4 door models. You can make either of them stupid-expensive if you’re so inclined. I doubt many 2 door owners buy 2 doors due to the slightly lower price.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Wow, that is nice! What are all the default packages/groups you included with it?

I'm stilling hunting for a used 2dr mojito, but they're always missing one item for another.
Lol I thought so too!! I guess it's easier to tell u what didn't come in it....No driver nanny stuff like lane assist etc.. No aux switches which would have been nice! but pretty much everything else!
Sponsored