Sponsored

Is there a shortage of 2-Door Wranglers (with manual transmissions)?

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

i drove 500 miles to get my 4 door with a 6 speed. i can only image how hard it is to find a 2 door on the lot with a 6speed. good luck. Good idea is to order what you want and wait for that exact one.
Sponsored

HardSell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Built Rubicon replaced modestly built stolen '87 XJ
Occupation
Nose Picker
It’s really touchy on how much gas to give it when you let out the clutch. On flats you can go no gas, or just a little bit. On steep hills you definitely need some gas.
Doesn't sound right. Yeah, a little gas on very steep ascents after clutch engages is necessary for a little speed (if you want it), but even from a complete stop on a steep pitch should require no slipping of clutch whatsoever. My TJ even allows me to start in gear on steep ascents without the slightest effort from starter motor. My brother has a loaded '18 JLUR manual on 35s, top of line bumpers, winch, tire carrier, etc. and has no difficulty whatsoever. Controlled speed and steep tippy climbs are a cinch. He did very well wheeling Hole in the Rock thanks to his longer wheel base. He traded from an automatic FJ Cruiser which required constant braking on descents. What's interesting, the $130,000 Lexus Rxes in a group ahead of us out wheeled all of us; couldn't match their pace :-( The group I often wheel with has 30 years experience in Colorado and Utah. Pritchett Canyon, Golden Spike, Blanca Peak, Holy Cross, Punch Bowl, Elephant Hill, Moab Rim; Lockhart Basin, and all the easy stuff, etc. Never get tired of it. I've been wheeling 50 years. Flat Fenders are the most fun except for the trailering and wrenching LOL! We visit Moab a couple times a year, avoiding the crowded, long lined Jeep Safaris. Electric 4WDs are going to be interesting.

HardSell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Built Rubicon replaced modestly built stolen '87 XJ
Occupation
Nose Picker

JeepFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport 2-door
I'm really in the market for another Wrangler and I'm only interested in the 2-door Wranglers (with manuals). I'd be up for a well-equipped Sport (with the Dana 44) or even a Rubicon. In fact, I'd even take a low-mileage JK. However in Arizona, the few we get statewide are snatched up quickly...except for the stripper models w/o the anti-spin axle. I figured the coming of the new Bronco would cause a slowdown of Wrangler sales, but apparently I am wrong...or are 2-door models just not being made in any volume anymore?
Here is one in northern Arizona:

https://www.yorkchryslerdodgejeepra...-Jeep-Wrangler-Willys+Sport-1C4GJXAG4MW588570

Vinman

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I would have liked a 2 Dr Rubicon but after having a couple of TJ Unlimited Rubicons no way was I going to replace them with something with less storage space. Now if the JL 2 Dr was available in LJ length, I would have absolutely chosen one over my current 4 door.
What’s surprising is Jeep did in fact build a LWB 2 dr JK prototype back in 07 similar to the LJ but it never went into production.
Sponsored