Sponsored

Is there a shortage of 2-door Wranglers (with manual transmissions)?

Edslittleworld

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Rubi, '21 Crosstrek, '20 Miata, BMW moto's
I'm really in the market for another Wrangler and I'm only interested in the 2-door Wranglers (with manuals). I'd be up for a well-equipped Sport (with the Dana 44) or even a Rubicon. In fact, I'd even take a low-mileage JK. However in Arizona, the few we get statewide are snatched up quickly...except for the stripper models w/o the anti-spin axle. I figured the coming of the new Bronco would cause a slowdown of Wrangler sales, but apparently I am wrong...or are 2-door models just not being made in any volume anymore?
Sponsored

theice44

First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2Dr Rubicon, Bikini Pearl + Dark Saddle&6 Speed Manual. Written off 2Dr JK Altitude Edition
I had to factory order mine to get the 2dr in manual with dark saddle seats. You may have to go that route or the dealership can locate one for you. It doesn't cost extra to factory order if you really want it in manual.

JLJeeper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2021 2-Door
Occupation
Retired
I went the order route.
21 Rubi, manual etc...,
Best way to get exactly what you want
:like:

Minilla

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL sport
I had to order from Suffolk VA. there wasn't any manual transmission wranglers at all in a very large area. I want to say the nearest one was north Carolina when they looked. I didn't want to settle for an automatic, and even if they found one for me theres a REALLY high chance it's going to be a vehicle I don't like the color of or other options I don't want to pay for. so I just ordered the jeep I wanted and waited. it took slightly over a month and I just picked it up three weeks ago. so if you're looking ofr a wrangler that's a stick I would deff order it if you can afford to wait.
good luck!

Sponsored

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
We got a 2D manual for my son and had to order it. I haven't seen one on a lot. I did prefer the ordering process as opposed to buying off the lot. We got exactly what we wanted and were able to shop the build sheet around to 6 dealers. I think it's the only way to shop apples to apples and get the best deal. Definitely ordering our next one as well.

Fast4by

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S 2dr
They are definitely hard to find. We searched hi and low... and wound up driving almost 3hrs away to get ours.

Timmyjoe

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport-S "Islander" (2-Door)
The dealer near us not only has no 2-Door manuals, it has no 2-Doors at all. When we bought ours in 2019, they had two 2-Doors on the lot, but in the last six months it's only been JL Unlimiteds and Gladiators.

It doesn't seem like Jeep is making many 2-Doors these days.

Best,
-Tim

emptyminded42

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hellayella JLU Sport S 6MT, Forester XT
Occupation
Engineer
Nobody stocks 2-doors and nobody stocks manuals. Combining the two means you will have to search nationwide for what you want or put in a custom build.

I feel like I found a unicorn with my 4-door 6MT with minimal options and a color that wasn't black, white, or grey. The cherry on top was it was at a nearby dealer and they were willing to make a deal to get it off their lot because it'd been in stock for over a year.

Sponsored

TheLodgeOne

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Yeah I had to factory order mine as well last year.... since then, this year I ordered a 4-door manual rubi and traded my manual 2-door rubi to the dealer... so I think there's one sitting here in the KS area if you want to come get it! haha 2020 with 17k miles

Hound Dog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ Rustomatic
Soccer moms in the suburbs are buying 4 door Jeeps at an alarming rate. They can jump the curbs and park in the grass while picking up Jr and the muddy gear better than any minivan ever could! These women bitch to their men while they are at the office at 9:00 pm and they get anything they want.

Dealers need to keep 4 doors on hand for impulse buying.

Freddieman

First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL (2 door)
Occupation
DOS Contractor in Iraq
Man I guess I got lucky, found my mine at Airport CDJR in Orlando, FL. I wanted the basics, 2 doors, manual, V-6 and no A/C from factory. It's a 2019, OTD price last year was like $30,500. I ordered the Black Mopar Wheels and wrapped them with 285/70/17 Nitto Terra Wrapplers. So far I'm Happy as hell with my baby. Plan to mount the AEV 2" Spacer Kit when I get home in March (I work Overseas). I don't do any type of heavy 4 wheeling. My intent is to eventually, have no doors and Rhino Line the floor. Perfect vehicle for Vero Beach, FL where I live. Here are a couple of pics. Have a great day guys!

Jeep Wrangler JL Is there a shortage of 2-door Wranglers (with manual transmissions)? IMG_0662.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Is there a shortage of 2-door Wranglers (with manual transmissions)? IMG_0982.JPG

Last edited:

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
I was looking the summer 2 dr rubi stick. There was about 30 in ca, noting this was immediately following the manual fix.
I just looked and there is about 10 for sale in CA now.

I went in to purchase one from Hoblit in ca. They were advertising $8k off msrp for JL’s. The lowest they would go was about $50k or $3k off. They had 4 JL Rubi 2dr sticks on the lot.

I walked across the street and ordered my Superduty Tremor 7.3 for the same price. Wish I could afford both.

Truckn

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon V6 6spd Manual || 1989 Toyota Pickup 4x4 SR5 V6 5spd Manual
I don't think it's just the 2-Door.

I had to look everywhere to get my 4-Door Manual.

When I did the dealer tried to convince me to pay extra for it... Silly salesman.
Sponsored