Sponsored

Is there a right way/wrong way to reinstall an OEM Rear Driveshaft?

luna4x4

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Hey everyone,

I recently did a D44 swap on my JL Sport and it required me to detach and reattach my front and rear driveshafts. I seem to recall reading/seeing that you are supposed to reattach the driveshaft in the same position it was in prior to detaching it. I'm not sure how that would be possible when installing a different set of axles. Anyways, when I reattached my rear drive shaft, I did so in a star pattern for each pair of bolts. I'm not sure if this was the right way or wrong way to reinstall it.

Is there a documented procedure out there that says it must be done in a specific way?

Thanks,
Sponsored

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
Hey everyone,

I recently did a D44 swap on my JL Sport and it required me to detach and reattach my front and rear driveshafts. I seem to recall reading/seeing that you are supposed to reattach the driveshaft in the same position it was in prior to detaching it. I'm not sure how that would be possible when installing a different set of axles. Anyways, when I reattached my rear drive shaft, I did so in a star pattern for each pair of bolts. I'm not sure if this was the right way or wrong way to reinstall it.

Is there a documented procedure out there that says it must be done in a specific way?

Thanks,
You did it right. The shaft and the flange are balanced separately.