Sponsored

Is there a percent of sales in North America for 2.0T or 3.6L?

Randydots

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
As I can see the new Wrangle JL set sales records for March, April and May. And I am a buyer in China waiting for JLU 2.0T which is only allowed to sell in China market for now. So I wonder whether there is a percent of sales in North America for 2.0T or 3.6L?
Sponsored

Rockmaninoff

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sophistijeep.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
MY2014 JKU Overland (RHD) A/T, Mercedes E-class MY2017
Not sure how what's available there and sales ratio in US are related. In the US, the 2L became available a bit later so even if you look at May sales, some buyers may not have known about the 2L then. This can go either way but looks like people like the 2L. I personally prefer the V6.

OP
OP
Randydots

Randydots

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Not sure how what's available there and sales ratio in US are related. In the US, the 2L became available a bit later so even if you look at May sales, some buyers may not have known about the 2L then. This can go either way but looks like people like the 2L. I personally prefer the V6.
We like 3.6L too, but we don't have that option from Jeep official side in China for this year. So I just wonder how 2.0T does in North American. Does it works as well as 3.6L do? A little concern here :)

LeaN69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR 4xe / 23 Bolt EUV / 22 Camaro SS 1LE
All reviews say it feels the same. Posted numbers are slightly better but not significant, a bit more TQ and higher fuel mileage.

My guess is China has restrictions weather environmental or displacement hence the reason for 2.0 only offering. Or maybe you guys have something agains Mexico where 3.6 is built. Lol just kidding.

OP
OP
Randydots

Randydots

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
All reviews say it feels the same. Posted numbers are slightly better but not significant, a bit more TQ and higher fuel mileage.

My guess is China has restrictions weather environmental or displacement hence the reason for 2.0 only offering. Or maybe you guys have something agains Mexico where 3.6 is built. Lol just kidding.
Yes, we have some rules for Car company in China. Something like only when you have green energy cars sold, you can gain 1 point per car. When you have big engines like 3.6L sold, you gain -1 point per car. If you don't meet some point requirement, you can not sell cars. So for Jeep don't have green electric cars, the 3.6L will not be an option for them in China. So sad. We can only have 3.6L JLU from car import companies. This should be our last buying option compare to official side.

Sponsored

NM Original

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep GC Overland, 2005 Chevy SSR, 2007 BMW 650-GS, 2015 CanAm F3, 2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon Turbo, 2Door (on order)
Currently, as of today 6/1/2018, as far as I know, no US customer has received delivery or purchased a 2.0 Turbo Jeep JL.
None have been manufactured for sale.
The 2.0 Turbos that have been at the auto shows and loaned out for reviews, are pre-production models.

If you have not been following the 2.0 Turbo threads here for the last 2 days, the above should sound wrong.
It is not.

( for the general public, there is no information if any have been exported )

OP
OP
Randydots

Randydots

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Currently, as of today 6/1/2018, as far as I know, no US customer has received delivery or purchased a 2.0 Turbo Jeep JL.
None have been manufactured for sale.
The 2.0 Turbos that have been at the auto shows and loaned out for reviews, are pre-production models.

If you have not been following the 2.0 Turbo threads here for the last 2 days, the above should sound wrong.
It is not.

( for the general public, there is no information if any have been exported )

Oh I see. Thank you. So the 2.0T seems to be mainly sold in China. :( I want that 3.6L too. Need to find a way to get it.

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
The 2.0T has been delayed here. They recently built some, then found that they have a faulty wiring harness, and are canceling delivery of those built and building new ones. Supposedly they will start shipping in about a month from now.

The reviews on YouTube from the Pre-production Jeeps say it’s great. But that’s all we have to go by until they start delivering them to us.

OP
OP
Randydots

Randydots

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
The 2.0T has been delayed here. They recently built some, then found that they have a faulty wiring harness, and are canceling delivery of those built and building new ones. Supposedly they will start shipping in about a month from now.

The reviews on YouTube from the Pre-production Jeeps say it’s great. But that’s all we have to go by until they start delivering them to us.
Thank you for your information. News says that the JL 2.0T will arrive in China by the end of this month and begin to sell in July.

NM Original

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep GC Overland, 2005 Chevy SSR, 2007 BMW 650-GS, 2015 CanAm F3, 2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon Turbo, 2Door (on order)
OP
OP
Randydots

Randydots

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
If that is true, that means that you could get a JL with a 2.0T before I could.

See these threads, if you haven’t:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...n-sight-for-delivery.5751/page-84#post-230581

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/“faulty-wiring-harness”.9632/
Not sure if I can get it in July or not. We all love the new JL here in China. A lot of people are looking forward to purchase it. And due to the tax for JL is huge dropped compared to JK, I think the selling record will be broken than JK. And thank you for your post. I will check it.
Sponsored