Sponsored

Is there a no drill roof rack?

gotime4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Ocean Blue, 2019 Ram 1500 etorque Laramie
i want to get a RTT but I want a roof rack that is no drill so I can take it off when I am not using it. Are there any available? Or do I have to go the Thule gutter mount racks?
Sponsored

HayBuiltJLU

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
i want to get a RTT but I want a roof rack that is no drill so I can take it off when I am not using it. Are there any available? Or do I have to go the Thule gutter mount racks?
I was at AEV open house last week and they had a Rhino Rack with an AEV gutter clamp system that looked impressive. I will be interest what the weight rating will be.

LunchBoxFab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
i love my EVO no drill solution. its a half rack that allows use of the freedom tops with no drilling. it clamps to the gutters and has been super secure, even rubbing on trees and such. its already saved my hard top some damage.

it and others that only attach to the hard top only have a weight rating equivalent to the hard top weight rating, so you cannot run a RTT or other heavy accessories. it works great for my uses.

55WillysWagon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1955 Willys Wagon, 2019 Jeep Wrangler OB JLUR
I was at AEV open house last week and they had a Rhino Rack with an AEV gutter clamp system that looked impressive. I will be interest what the weight rating will be.
When are these folks gonna get moving on these product introductions?

Sponsored

250brider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I have the Garvin Adventure rack (full) very secure, very sturdy. Looks like it would be easy to remove though I never do.

GARVIN.jpg

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
You can take the rhino rack off while not using it. It will just have the mounting plates left on the jeep

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3389.jpg

Sponsored

ryno1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I've seen some stuff around here about Exposed Racks (https://www.smsparts.com/) There's another thread in this section about them. I'm trying to follow along with these b/c there don't seem to be a lot of people out there with them yet, but they seem like an ideal system for someone like me who wants a versatile, no-drill, non-caged, easy on & off rack with a high enough weight limit to mount a RTT to. Here's their video of using the rack with a RTT: https://www.smsparts.com/videos?wix...69ea2d9ea2c584&wix-vod-comp-id=comp-jyrb3nxv#
Jeep Wrangler JL Is there a no drill roof rack? {filename}

Last edited:

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
I haven't seen any real world reviews of them yet. I did see a Jeep rental company around here with hardshell RTTs mounted to them though.

kheidolph

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon

KnG818

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon
I've seen some stuff around here about Exposed Racks (https://www.smsparts.com/) There's another thread in this section about them. I'm trying to follow along with these b/c there don't seem to be a lot of people out there with them yet, but they seem like an ideal system for someone like me who wants a versatile, no-drill, non-caged, easy on & off rack with a high enough weight limit to mount a RTT to. Here's their video of using the rack with a RTT: https://www.smsparts.com/videos?wix...69ea2d9ea2c584&wix-vod-comp-id=comp-jyrb3nxv#
Those supports under the crossbars does not mean you can carry anymore weight than what the hardtop is rated for.

Cant understand why you would even put them there, the whistling/wind noise they would create.

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
You can take the rhino rack off while not using it. It will just have the mounting plates left on the jeep

These things are always subjective I know, but this rack is about the only one I have seen that I would say looks good. The rest look fugly to me.
It's nice a low, simple and sleek.
Expensive to be sure, but looks worth it.
Sponsored