Is there a no drill roof rack?

ShineJL

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl Wrangler
No drill and good enough for a roof tent. What yall got?

drkrjones

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado

Sponsored

Needles

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
Their bars get great reviews but the specs show 'tbd' for static and dynamic load rating. That would give me a big bunch of pause before adding a RTT.
The cross bars are all built the same and support an ungodly amount of weight. The RTT 4 bar kit has quick connect pins that attach to the RTT itself. I have to say it is an extremely nice feature for convenience but not $1000 nice. I would rather spend that to build a small Overlander trailer for that price. The two bar kit is the same as the three bar kit just half the price. Not sure why and even after talking to the rep today, he said neither has a rated weight but the 3 bar kit is for an RTT. They tested the 2 bar kit with three kayaks 150lbs Total on trails without any issues. The bars have support feet that distribute across the top. Seems like these are the most sturdy crossbars I’ve come across online. I am certain two bars will support my RTT weighing in at 109lbs. Just not certain about static weight. Most added weight from sleepers would be never very over 400lbs with the three of us. What do you think?

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The cross bars are all built the same and support an ungodly amount of weight. The RTT 4 bar kit has quick connect pins that attach to the RTT itself. I have to say it is an extremely nice feature for convenience but not $1000 nice. I would rather spend that to build a small Overlander trailer for that price. The two bar kit is the same as the three bar kit just half the price. Not sure why and even after talking to the rep today, he said neither has a rated weight but the 3 bar kit is for an RTT. They tested the 2 bar kit with three kayaks 150lbs Total on trails without any issues. The bars have support feet that distribute across the top. Seems like these are the most sturdy crossbars I’ve come across online. I am certain two bars will support my RTT weighing in at 109lbs. Just not certain about static weight. Most added weight from sleepers would be never very over 400lbs with the three of us. What do you think?
Seeing how the two bars have several feet to spread the load, I personally wouldn't be worried about using a RTT but I could see where some people wouldn't try it. If the bars were only attached to the drip edge like the MOPAR bars (which I have) I wouldn't even try it. The fiberglass edge is strong but I wouldn't trust only that to hold much.

I'm switching back to my soft top this week and want their bars that work with the soft top. Pretty expensive but not many choices, or really any like theirs that I know of.

Needles

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seeing how the two bars have several feet to spread the load, I personally wouldn't be worried about using a RTT but I could see where some people wouldn't try it. If the bars were only attached to the drip edge like the MOPAR bars (which I have) I wouldn't even try it. The fiberglass edge is strong but I wouldn't trust only that to hold much.

I'm switching back to my soft top this week and want their bars that work with the soft top. Pretty expensive but not many choices, or really any like theirs that I know of.
They attach to the edge but all this roof top ones do. The videos and their guarantee...what else do you need.

C2919BFA-6934-4CC5-B4E6-C727696B8F09.jpeg

8327DCA6-39A6-45C5-9374-10A1DDC3CAD3.jpeg

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They attach to the edge but all this roof top ones do. The videos and their guarantee...what else do you need.

C2919BFA-6934-4CC5-B4E6-C727696B8F09.jpeg

8327DCA6-39A6-45C5-9374-10A1DDC3CAD3.jpeg
I'm not arguing with you! I think that's a good thing. Dang. I thought I was clear. My MOPAR bars don't do that and I don't trust them for RTT.

They SHOULD, however, put their weight limits in writing.

Needles

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not arguing with you! I think that's a good thing. Dang. I thought I was clear. My MOPAR bars don't do that and I don't trust them for RTT.

They SHOULD, however, put their weight limits in writing.
I was not arguing. I was referring to what else does a buyer need, not you. Yes, I agree and I asked them why they don’t have a capacity weight for the two bars...no answer except all their bars hold same weight. I think personally they just want to sell different models but they manufacture only one product so adding more bars creates sub models.

Sponsored

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)

mainewoodsman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Sahara
I am also having trouble finding the right rack for my rtt. I was thinking about going with one of the exoskeleton racks but even though there are a few affordable ones out there they do not fit the JLU yet and the rare racks that do cost a fortune.

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
I am also having trouble finding the right rack for my rtt. I was thinking about going with one of the exoskeleton racks but even though there are a few affordable ones out there they do not fit the JLU yet and the rare racks that do cost a fortune.
The Rhino Rack backbone is a nice alternative to those exoskeleton racks. But it is pricey also.

Herson

First Name
Herson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler unlimited rubicon
You can take the rhino rack off while not using it. It will just have the mounting plates left on the jeep

Jeep Wrangler JL Is there a no drill roof rack? 8327DCA6-39A6-45C5-9374-10A1DDC3CAD3
Nice setup! Did you had to drill the roof? I want something like that but I don’t want to drill.
Sponsored