Is there a market for Sport takeoffs?

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Just curious if I should even bother posting my sport takeoffs. I have the shocks and springs and the steering stabilizer. I'm trying to imagine why/if literally anyone would even consider this stuff. Please don't move my question.
Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Sure there's a market for them, although not a big one. You'll probably have the best luck on craigslist, facebook or whatever the current online sale site is now.

People will buy stock sport stuff to replace their worn out stock sport stuff. Bascially you'd be selling to a maintenance market rather than a modification market. Another option is that they're selling their mods and putting stock stuff back on before selling the Jeep.
Both tend to be looking for parts cheap. Either they want stock parts at the budget replacement part prices, or they're looking for low cost because they're selling it anyway.
The short answer though is yes. There's a market even if it's a small one.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Maybe in a few years as the JL generation ages someone would want those parts cheap to replace their worn parts, but it’s doubtful.

Jeepney Johnny

First Name
Rico!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
There's absolutely a market for take-off parts. Is it a large or hot market? Absolutely not, but I guarantee you, there's someone, somewhere out there that is willing to take them, por gratis, or wants to buy your parts for a bargain price, just like what Shots said.

I think people also look at eBay for take-off parts, or at least I did. I remember selling a power seat control module for one of my cars (on eBay), because I was replacing the (leather worn and ripped) OEM power seats with simple fixed back racing seats. I was surprised that I was able to sell it for about $150...but then, I had to buy the exact same part (on eBay for about $150) because it needed to be plugged in for the power telescopic steering wheel to work. LOL
Sponsored

Last edited: