Sponsored

Is there a Key FOB window down function?

WagzDad

First Name
Carroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Many newer vehicles have an often unlisted ability to lower &/or raise all windows using the key FOB. It’s usually a function of several key strokes on the FOB to prevent accidental function.

Have you discovered if the JLU series (with power windows for the SAs among us) have this function?
Sponsored

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 Door Rubicon 6 Speed
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
Curious also. I’ve tried just about every combination possible and haven’t found one that works yet.

I think some earlier Jeep models used the standard unlock twice with holding unlock down on the second press.

ToPar9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Altitude
Before the JLU, I drove a 17 Grand Cherokee. No luck finding the correct combo, or researching online.
Honestly, haven’t tried the JLU because of that.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Can't remember for sure because my doors are on the wall. On my VW I programmed fob if I push and hold unlock windows go down, push and hold lock they go up. Seems my Jeep did that also. But if you want to wait until I put my doors back on in October I'll give it a try.

Sponsored

jigamanz

First Name
Jeegs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Jeep JLUR, 14' Mazda 3 Sport GT, 09' Acura RDX
I know the new Rams can do this with the addition of a zautomotive tazer @joe@zauto I hope they can get this option on the tazer jl mini. I want to get one!

NJJeep Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hella Yella JLU
It existed on the Grand Cherokees for a few years, but Jeep discontinued it around 2013 or 2014. Never yet seen it on any of their other vehicles

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
On my old Audi, this function was disabled for US models (safety issue?). However, with a vag programmer I was able to turn it on along with several other cool features disabled from the factory.

I'm hoping someone will figure this out for JLs. I used this often on past vehicles.

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
My 09 ram does this. It's great on hot days to open the windows to let the heat out

Sponsored

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
The power window circuit on the JL isn't connected to the CAN bus, but instead exists as its own separate circuit. Therefore, there's no way for the BCM to tell the windows to move via a remote command.
This makes sense for the Wrangler. Too bad though.

So power windows were considered a separate/unnecessary option and not something integrated into their full design of the vehicle.

Last edited:

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
My 2007 Sebring used to have that option, where if I pressed the fob unlock button twice and held it on the second press the front windows would go down. None of our Chrysler vehicles since then have had that feature.

americonium

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Black
Occupation
Engineering Technician
There are companies like DEI that make remote window modules. Since the front windows are auto down, if all you're trying to do is open then remotely, you might just need a module that can count the number of clicks on the unlock button, and set it to three or four, and send a pulse to the window switches.

I just found a module, the PAC TR12 can be programmed to accept specific inputs and turn them into specific outputs.

Last edited:

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
They're are companies like DEI that make remote window modules. Since the front windows are auto down, if all you're trying to do is open then remotely, you might just need a module that can count the number of clicks on the unlock button, and set it to three or four, and send a pulse to the window switches.

I just found a module, the PAC TR12 can be programmed to accept specific inputs and turn them into specific outputs.
I really like the way you are thinking... Of course, there are after market options/hacks! Could be fun.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
On my old Audi, this function was disabled for US models (safety issue?). However, with a vag programmer I was able to turn it on along with several other cool features disabled from the factory.

I'm hoping someone will figure this out for JLs. I used this often on past vehicles.
Jeff ;)

I humbly admit, until I looked it up, that I was unaware that "vag" is a acronym for Volkswagen Audi Group.

Do note though that my researching it was as much about hoping that vag programmer was both NOT a typo on your part, and stood for something else that could be used "to turn it, someone, my wife on." ;)
Sponsored