Sponsored

Is there a JL E torque system delete?

Hammersmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport unlimited money pit
Woul like to get rid of all of the E torque system. I need reliability so I am thinking of removing all e torque components. Surely the computer can be reprogrammed. Has anyone heard of a delete “kit”?
Sponsored

Catiajockey

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon unlimited
nothing is impossible but our computers are notoriously difficult to significantly reprogram. What about the E-torque system do you find to be the weak link? Removing it is probably such an involved process that most would suggest to buy a model without it.

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer

somedude922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, Previous: 1984 CJ7, 1979 CJ7
Just start pulling wires and removing stuff. Im sure it will be fine.
Has it proven unreliable to you?

WhereRU_A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Willys, 2015 Toyota Sienna XLE
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
I assure you that the way vehicles are made now, you would most likely substantially increase the unreliability of your Jeep trying to remove or disable the system. Do you currently have a Jeep with the etorque system?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Hammersmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing is impossible but our computers are notoriously difficult to significantly reprogram. What about the E-torque system do you find to be the weak link? Removing it is probably such an involved process that most would suggest to buy a model without it.
I just find that it is odd that they are not offering a 2 liter turbo e torque. All of the components involved are just to complex. Read on here all of the complaints about the 2.0t wrangler. I could do without electeic assist. I bought this jeep to build after a crash. Just wanted it to be simple.

OP
OP

Hammersmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I assure you that the way vehicles are made now, you would most likely substantially increase the unreliability of your Jeep trying to remove or disable the system. Do you currently have a Jeep with the etorque system?
Also i am fortunate to have a mechanic as good friend. He wojld rip it al out and.reprogram if there is a delete kit.

WhereRU_A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Willys, 2015 Toyota Sienna XLE
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
Also i am fortunate to have a mechanic as good friend. He wojld rip it al out and.reprogram if there is a delete kit.
We ordered a 2020 in June of last year but our build didn't make it to production until the fall because of COVID. I initially did NOT want the e-torque system but we ended up with it since ours turned into a 2021 MY. I'm actually happy we ended up with it. Time will tell if it's more reliable but I think e-torque gets a bad rap, especially from people who don't even have it equipped.

Vinman

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
May as well swap on a carb while you’re at it, that would get rid of a lot of pesky wiring and sensors that could potentially fail.

Sponsored

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Wife's Rubi is a 2.0 Turbo with E-torque and honestly, the ESS events are much smoother with it than my 3.6 is without it.
Gregj

foxwalkin

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I know this was written in 2021 and people are saying:

* Why delete it? Just buy a model without it.
* Why would you want to delete it?
* other things here by people who don't understand how jeep backs their customers into corners and then shrinks the room inch by inch.

The latest I've found out in 2023 model year:

If you want a 3.6 Pentastar NON ETORQUE you must choose between that and an automatic transmission. YES. If you choose the automatic YOU ARE FORCED TO CHOOSE 2.0 or ETORQUE 3.6

Long range fuel tanks typically go on the other side of the vehicle opposite the main fuel tank, which means etorque = no go.

Why the long range fuel tank? BECAUSE THE GAS MILEAGE IS TRASH. I don't care about gas prices if I can increase the range. So LRF tank was a perfect idea CRUSHED by FCA's MORONIC decisions.

Diesel is great option. NOPE. They deleted it for 2023.

I am just completely and utterly fed up with the moronic decisions that Jeep constantly makes forcing customers into a f!$&*@)( corner and making it impossible to be satisfied.

Used to be if you want to get exactly what you want you custom order. Now they make it so you can NEVER get exactly what you want.

I hate this company.

HK1s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 2dr sport 3.6etorq AT
I know this was written in 2021 and people are saying:

* Why delete it? Just buy a model without it.
* Why would you want to delete it?
* other things here by people who don't understand how jeep backs their customers into corners and then shrinks the room inch by inch.

The latest I've found out in 2023 model year:

If you want a 3.6 Pentastar NON ETORQUE you must choose between that and an automatic transmission. YES. If you choose the automatic YOU ARE FORCED TO CHOOSE 2.0 or ETORQUE 3.6

Long range fuel tanks typically go on the other side of the vehicle opposite the main fuel tank, which means etorque = no go.

Why the long range fuel tank? BECAUSE THE GAS MILEAGE IS TRASH. I don't care about gas prices if I can increase the range. So LRF tank was a perfect idea CRUSHED by FCA's MORONIC decisions.

Diesel is great option. NOPE. They deleted it for 2023.

I am just completely and utterly fed up with the moronic decisions that Jeep constantly makes forcing customers into a f!$&*@)( corner and making it impossible to be satisfied.

Used to be if you want to get exactly what you want you custom order. Now they make it so you can NEVER get exactly what you want.

I hate this company.
if you buy the sport s or willys, there is the 3.6 option without e-torque. I got the etorque, its smooth and a cheap option, also I don't have to deal with the aux battery. the battery is really quite small, only 0.4kwh. you might be able to custom fab a tank that works.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Forcing someone who wants a Rubicon V6 w/auto to HAVE to go with eTorque is one F' up idea...Had that been the case in 20' when I ordered my JLR, I would have passed and likely been on the Bronco waiting list...

Now when the mid-cycle refresh happens and the new Hurricane I6 is an option in a Ruby 2-door, I will be one of the first to order!

CharlieVictor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper, 4XE, Tacoma
In the 2023 MY, if you want the 3.6 without e-torque then you have to get the manual. If you want an automatic without e-torque, then you have to go with the 2.0 or the no longer available diesel. Early on, the JL was offered with a 2.0 e-torque but it was discontinued. I suspect that the e-torque is an attempt to improve the fuel economy ratings, which Stellantis seems to be struggling with.
Sponsored