Is there a ‘Best’ adjustable track bar?

TRZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
My Mopar lift isn't a flex leader in the suspension industry.
While this may be true, if you’re into high-flex trails, your bushings will get a workout. If you’re relying on the rubber or poly within the bushing to allow the flex, your bushings are theoretically going to wear out quicker than if the bushing housing (or the heim joint) allows the flex. Been there, done that, trying to learn from the past. I hate taking suspension components off and getting the bushings replaced.
Sponsored

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
My front EVO frame side bushing is shot after 2 wheeling trips and less than 3,000 miles

In edit: I emailed EVO late last night, they are sending a new bushing via FedEx today. Can’t expect any better service than that.

Last edited:

kosinar

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black JLUR 3.0 EcoDiesel received 3/6/20
To me the best would be from steer smart. Absolutely over built and very strong. I dont believe they have a rear out yet. Metalcloak has a nice rear though

Brett
They do. Just started selling rear one.

Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
They do. Just started selling rear one.
Haha that’s true now! My post was from july of 2019 though! Took them long enough!

brett

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Steer Smarts would be tough to beat, I have their all-black version in the front and it did make a huge improvement! I went with a Rancho for the rear as a few months back Steer Smarts did not yet offer one for the rear. I also added a Steer Smarts drag link and Rubi-length tie rod-again both excellent!

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
So I have the Teraflex bar, and am upgrading to a rock krawler kit, someone told me the factory style joints on the Teraflex bar don’t have enough flex and may bind and cause extra stress in my control arms... but I see Teraflex use there high end alpine lifts up to 6” so I can’t imagine that this true.. any input guys?

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
So I have the Teraflex bar, and am upgrading to a rock krawler kit, someone told me the factory style joints on the Teraflex bar don’t have enough flex and may bind and cause extra stress in my control arms... but I see Teraflex use there high end alpine lifts up to 6” so I can’t imagine that this true.. any input guys?
More lift doesn't mean more flex. The RK kits have the ability to have some of the most travel on the market. If your track bar is the limiting factor it will wear out prematurely.

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
This helps people to understand why we use spherical joints in track bars on both ends.

Sponsored

Obi.Wan.Shawnobi

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi Tan 4Xe Rubicon
Occupation
Elevator Techinician.
I found that the only suspension bolts on the JL that needs to be replaced with the 9/16 diameter are the track bolts. Make sure the new hardware comes with 9/16 or get it at the store. You'll find that makes a difference over time.

eck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU MOAB HellaYella
I found that the only suspension bolts on the JL that needs to be replaced with the 9/16 diameter are the track bolts. Make sure the new hardware comes with 9/16 or get it at the store. You'll find that makes a difference over time.
I am guessing you just ditch the flag nut on the axle end when doing this, and just use a normal 9/16 nut instead?

Also for @Rock Krawler Suspension (or anyone else who knows)... does the track bar come with a crow's foot to torque down the jam nut? If not, what size do I need to get?

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
I am guessing you just ditch the flag nut on the axle end when doing this, and just use a normal 9/16 nut instead?

Also for @Rock Krawler Suspension (or anyone else who knows)... does the track bar come with a crow's foot to torque down the jam nut? If not, what size do I need to get?
One is not included, no. If you ordered RK06187, it will use a 1 5/16". If you ordered the NEW Track bar with 1" heims, RK06187HD, it will use a 1 1/2".

Reactions: eck

SSinGA

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2018 JLUR, 2016 JKRHR, 2012 JKU Sahara
This helps people to understand why we use spherical joints in track bars on both ends.
Some good points on the axle movement. I've seen some pics of JL owners with the Steersmarts track bars where the rubber bushing is destroyed. The fix from steersmarts is to replace with their "pro" series poly bushings. The Pro-Series comes with our polyurethane bushing rather than rubber, which is a harder durometer, limiting the amount of deflection allowed by the bushing. Limiting deflection sounds like it would also limit travel/articulation based on the info from this video??
Sponsored