Sponsored

Is the Wrangler JL Reliable enough for a 10k road-trip?

Old Jeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
I have whiplash yet form the double take I did when reading that claim.
Maybe the barn door was open so not wind resitance....if you want to see EYE POPPING MPG, go over to the Gladiator forums, 37.X on 44s

Sponsored

geolchris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys, 2023 JLUR on order
Over the past three and a half years, I've driven from Los Angeles to:

Seattle (twice)
Yellowstone (once)
Zion (once)
Moab (twice)
Multiple places within california but over 500 miles one way
Houston (once)

Never any issues. 2.5" lift and 37's. Currently at 50k.

Tharris

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 4dr (JLU) Sting Gray
Planning on driving from Florida to Tuktoyaktuk Canada and back within 3 weeks.

Its 5k each way. I have a 2020 3.6 Rubicon 4door with 15k miles on it.

Anything I should consider doing this trip. Currently it’s got a 3.5” lift with 40s and regeared so I get about 20mpg on the highway.
Question is. Is the Jeep reliable enough for such a journey?
I drove mine from Southern California all the way to Yellowstone and back with no problems. 37 inch tires on a 4inch lift fully armored driveshafts regeared etc.

Old Jeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
Over the past three and a half years, I've driven from Los Angeles to:

Seattle (twice)
Yellowstone (once)
Zion (once)
Moab (twice)
Multiple places within california but over 500 miles one way
Houston (once)

Never any issues. 2.5" lift and 37's. Currently at 50k.
Few miles (literaly) short of 100k, 37s, 3" lift, 4:88 gears: Cali every year for 8 years usually 2 wks to a month at a time, 12 or maybe 13 trips to Moab, and all over Texas- Cali Utah to Mexico...

NEVER an issue of any kind! over the 10 years...

brennaman

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 WK 2014 JK, 2021 JLR snazzberry
Occupation
damn near retired
This is the kind of mud you will see if there is any rain at all. Good thing is it dries pretty quick. There is an outside spray car wash in Dawson that you may want to go to after you get off the Dempster. The stuff they put on the road to keep dust down is pretty corrosive, so I would try to clean it up pretty good. Have a great trip, lots of beautiful country up there.

mud to tuk.jpg

meattuk.jpg

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I am at working on 96,000 on my 2019 JLUR. My JLUR was lifted and on 37s on the 2nd day of ownership with 93 miles on it. It has never been a daily driver and pretty much used for off roading trips, and jeep related stuff. I am not saying it has never been to the mall, just saying when we are home, it would sit as we drove other vehicles for

This is what our Jeep travels look like.
Jeep Wrangler JL Is the Wrangler JL Reliable enough for a 10k road-trip? 1675188232587

We are currently wheeling all over the southwest and leaving in two days to off road in Mexico for four to six days. Leave the southwest in April, for the eas coast, then home to Michigan for a month then head to Alaska for two to three months of camping and exploring. The jeep has been wheeled hard all over the US. 55 badge trails and thousands of other trails. It has towed an off road camper over 48,000 miles.

I have twisted a rear axle shaft, had four rear locker failures. All the failures in the locker are electrical components. I have had both valve cover gaskets fail, both leaking and dripping on O2 sensor that then failed. Nothing that has left me stranded.

When you consider that there are times that there are times the jeep has been wheeled 30 day straight in Moab, and often wheeled four or five days a week for months on end, it has been highly reliable.

Just know that my saying is treat it like a race car, maintain it like a race car.

Sponsored

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Sahara Unlimited
I drive between Boston MA and Rochester NY weekly in my JL. Easily put on ~ 1000 miles per week and have put on a total of 128,000 in 4 years. If it's in good shape, should be an easy and enjoyable drive!

Canjeeper

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Been to Tuk .i would be worried about being caught up there between the river crossings when they change from a ice road to the ferry's . Could take weeks . The questions you ask here make me think you need to do more due diligence .

Jeep Wrangler JL Is the Wrangler JL Reliable enough for a 10k road-trip? IMG_4882.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Is the Wrangler JL Reliable enough for a 10k road-trip? IMG_4124.JPG

Squibbles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI, Ranger
Planning on driving from Florida to Tuktoyaktuk Canada and back within 3 weeks.

Its 5k each way. I have a 2020 3.6 Rubicon 4door with 15k miles on it.

Anything I should consider doing this trip. Currently it’s got a 3.5” lift with 40s and regeared so I get about 20mpg on the highway.
Question is. Is the Jeep reliable enough for such a journey?
That’s pretty good gas mileage, are you calculating that yourself. I went on a road trip recently and got 25 mpg at 90 mph in a 2 door rubicon with a 2.0 but hit a horrible head wind on the way back and got 18 mpg going 70 mph. Calculated MPG myself at the pump.
Sponsored