Sponsored

Is the technology group now mandatory on the 2021 Sport S?

GerJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
nerubi, so in the above example, under the “Sun and Sound” package, is there anyway to tell what “M/H AAN” (or any of the other such codes) means, outside of the 200+ page sales code book? There are a lot of such codes in the order guides that are a mystery, .....other than “N/A” of course.

The codes are just what identifies that option/accessory with FCA. I don't "think" they really mean anything as far as we are concerned. M/H means must have so whatever option you are looking at and it says M/H AAN, you need to also add the AAN option. As an example look at a Rubicon build say in the 4 door guide and look for integrated off-road camera. Notice it says M/H AD6 and AEK. That means you need to find those codes in the guide and add them to yourbuild or no integrated off-road camera. Those must haves are the 8.4 stereo system and LED package. So a $500 some option now is over $3000.
Sponsored

OregonJeepGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS Sting Gray
Occupation
Old retired guy
Well, I see that I fail the internet reading comprehension test; the codes were there but I simply didn’t see them.
Jeep Wrangler JL Is the technology group now mandatory on the 2021 Sport S? 4B59F90E-13D9-4DB1-AD78-59359D3D0488

Now I get it.

OP
OP
Archeonomy

Archeonomy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vanderhall
Looking at some of the "In transit" Sport S window stickers on vehicles heading to local dealers near me, the technology group is showing as a $695 option, and not as standard equipment or part of the 'S' package. Or am I reading this wrong?

TechnologyPackage?.jpg

zakaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 4dr, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1986 Honda Nighthawk S
I think there is some confusion of it being a standard option and it being a mandatory one. When I ordered my Willys in June, I had a couple dealers tell me that the technology package is now mandatory on that trim I chose. So by not making it standard, they still get to charge above the base price whether you want it or not. I was told the same for the convenience group. With the options I chose, I had to take that one as well. $395 for a garage door opener made little sense to me, but I had no choice.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i went with a base model and choose 4 options, a/c, 8spd auto, xm and hard top. that was it and love it. i dont miss all the other bells and whistles.

Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
I think there is some confusion of it being a standard option and it being a mandatory one. When I ordered my Willys in June, I had a couple dealers tell me that the technology package is now mandatory on that trim I chose. So by not making it standard, they still get to charge above the base price whether you want it or not. I was told the same for the convenience group. With the options I chose, I had to take that one as well. $395 for a garage door opener made little sense to me, but I had no choice.
i went on the jeep build site and choose the willys. those two options are options and not mandatory. the dealer "kinda suckered" you into saying its mandatory.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
Looking at some of the "In transit" Sport S window stickers on vehicles heading to local dealers near me, the technology group is showing as a $695 option, and not as standard equipment or part of the 'S' package. Or am I reading this wrong?

Jeep Wrangler JL Is the technology group now mandatory on the 2021 Sport S? TechnologyPackage?
you are reading that right. the standard colum is what standard to the jeep. the option colum is what you are paying extra for. so the 695 tech group is an option. the easies way to figure this out is to build the jeep on the jeep build site. on the site it will show you all the available options for that model. the best thing is to build the jeep the way you want it and search the dealer for the closes match. beware that dealership will convice you that things are mandatory, just to sucker you in paying for it. i had one dealer told me that the $700 side steps that will be add to the jlu is mandatory for the jeep. i told them take a flying hike.

zakaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 4dr, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1986 Honda Nighthawk S
i went on the jeep build site and choose the willys. those two options are options and not mandatory. the dealer "kinda suckered" you into saying its mandatory.
When I originally built my Jeep on the site, the convenience group was optional like you found, so I was suspicious at first when the first dealer to me it must be included. I checked with another dealer and he found the same thing that it must be included. I think it had something to do with the cold weather package that I selected as well. I don’t necessarily trust the site builder entirely. I think the best source is the pricing guideline sheet that is posted in the sticky thread up top.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
The 2021 configurator shows it as a $695 option, but it seems to be included by default when you do the build. Still, you can unselect it on the site, but I'm not sure that is really a possible build for this trim level.

Anyone know? I ask because I don't want it - based on reviews it seems to be one of the least reliable parts of a Wrangler.
It’s a good package and works well. There were some early issues that got worked out with patches. Since then it’s been great. And the stock 5inch radio is trash.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

Jeep Wrangler JL Is the technology group now mandatory on the 2021 Sport S? TechnologyPackage?
It’s mandatory. Not standard. Mandatory means an option you have to select but it’s not included in the base price.

Sponsored

alexOEC

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Maverick XLT
Hey folks,

resurrecting this thread for 2022 wrangler models. My dealer also said that he thinks the technology group is mandatory, but given the new guide, there is no mention of mandatory options on certain trims, and the online Jeep builder doesn’t require or check off automatically when I select Sport S. I don’t want to think the worst of my dealer, but I’m worried about being upcharged for an option I don’t want. Any insight? Should I put in the order without the tech group and just deal with the upcharge if they make it mandatory? Should I press my dealer about this? Any thoughts or insights appreciated

KevinC11

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Willys, 2023 JT Mojave
Occupation
Gunsmith/EMT
Your dealer is wrong and probably is trying to upcharge you. Way to many good dealers out here to have to deal with that. I would find somewhere else.

KevinC

alexOEC

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Maverick XLT
The dealer that I'm working with actually has a pretty good reputation on this site (and giving me a great deal and is local).

Interestingly enough, using the interactive pricing spreadsheet on this forum, it says that the Technology Group is mandatory for the Sport S. The new order guides for 22's have no mention of this requirement. Maybe the dealer uses this site lol? Anyways I could potentially see the confusion as I do think that for 21's the Tech group was mandatory. Hopefully others can chime in to help! Thanks again.
Sponsored