- When I went to use my JL this afternoon, parked on my property's driveway, I notice a 4" crack in the windshield that started at the windshield's lowest point and went up, almost perfectly in the center, driver's to passenger's side, of the passenger's side windshield wiper. I tried to take a picture of it but the crack is so thin, and it was twilight--so nothing showed up in the picture.
- I really don't think anything came in contact with it as the crack wasn't there (I don't think) last time I parked (and used) it on my property several days ago, and nothing seems to have hit the windshield.
- Safelite said this is the "4th this week" they've had on a Wrangler and the change in temperature likely did it. Does that sound right?
- About 2 months ago they replaced the windshield with OEM stock due to a bad chip from something hitting the windshield. So luckily this second windshield replacement is covered under warranty from the first replacement.
- It's one thing that the nature of the rig's windshield angle leaves it more prone to damage, but to have this happen all on its own???
- Next time, if it happens, do you think--if even available--I should look to the Gorilla glass option and pay out of pocket the difference in cost.