Sponsored

Is the steel Mopar Bumper worth replacing with an aftermarket one?

Has anyone replaced their Mopar Rubicon steel bumper with an aftermarket one?

• Total voters

FitBliss

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Limited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I keep going back and fourth on replacing my Mopar steel bumper with an aftermarket one, I put a few upgrades on mine such as the Maximus stinger/brush guard, Warn winch plate with a Warn Zeon 10,000s, and some Baja replacement fogs. I have really wanted to switch to say a new aftermarket bumper like the mid width ARB Bondi or the Road Armor with the sweet stinger that recesses the winch. I cannot decide if it is worth the trouble considering how great my stock bumper has worked in the past! Things I like about a new bigger stronger bumper is the tank like feeling of hitting a deer, etc and just not having to worry about small fender benders. Some input as far as what you guys have done, either switching or why you like the stock one, might help me make my decision!

93302A98-02CB-4607-9E2D-FD31AF9F907E.JPG

ADD0ACD7-9E38-4D60-9083-34CD59C46040.JPG
Sponsored

Sponsored

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
It it's not broken, don't fix it. OEM steel is fine if that's what you have. Unless you plan on doing some hardcore trails, it should be fine.

I ordered plastic and replaced it because I knew I was going to want to do dumb things like Climb over boulders with my JLUR. If you're not doing stuff like that (and even if you are) you're probably fine.

Sponsored

Foggy47

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, billet silver w/ 1 touch sky top. Honda Ridgeline for gentleman's pickup needs.
Occupation
Retired with hobbies. Golf, Fishing, Hunting, Sploring
I ordered a new Rubi. When I priced the steel bumpers vs the aftermarket......it occurred to me that I could have the better aftermarket bumpers for a similar price to those factory steels. I never looked back. I know I got more protection and better clearance (aft) with the premium bumpers I bought. Also got front protection with my bumpers.......and a swinging spare. What's not to like?

Still.....If I had already bought the factory steel.....I could be satisfied with them. No wrong answers. :).

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
No sense in replacing it. You’ll get a thicker plate and that’s about it (assuming you pay the coin for it). I’ve replaced 3 wrangler bumpers and this is my first OEM steel version. I like it just as much, if not better.

1idrod

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ritterhomesinc.com
Vehicle(s)
06 GMC 3/4 Diesel, 02 V-Rod
Occupation
Builder
If your not gonna wheel it keep it. If you do wheel I would replace. The first time I took mine on a trail and came down off a rock it went in to the body. I wasn't happy. I replaced the rear. Still have the front and love the looks of it.

OP
OP
FitBliss

FitBliss

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Limited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
If your not gonna wheel it keep it. If you do wheel I would replace. The first time I took mine on a trail and came down off a rock it went in to the body. I wasn't happy. I replaced the rear. Still have the front and love the looks of it.
definitely wheel but also daily drive, might have to look at replacing the rear and stick with the front for now.

D2F5D0E2-836A-40CD-A28D-DF96C1413CFC.jpeg

Patsloft

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
Clubs

I keep going back and fourth on replacing my Mopar steel bumper with an aftermarket one, I put a few upgrades on mine such as the Maximus stinger/brush guard, Warn winch plate with a Warn Zeon 10,000s, and some Baja replacement fogs. I have really wanted to switch to say a new aftermarket bumper like the mid width ARB Bondi or the Road Armor with the sweet stinger that recesses the winch. I cannot decide if it is worth the trouble considering how great my stock bumper has worked in the past! Things I like about a new bigger stronger bumper is the tank like feeling of hitting a deer, etc and just not having to worry about small fender benders. Some input as far as what you guys have done, either switching or why you like the stock one, might help me make my decision!

93302A98-02CB-4607-9E2D-FD31AF9F907E.JPG

ADD0ACD7-9E38-4D60-9083-34CD59C46040.JPG
I would not change the front bumper ever but I would get rid of the rear bumper. Everyone who has come down on it hard while wheeling has received body damage on the corners. This just happened to me while wheeling at The Valley of the Moons a couple days ago. I just hope to find a replacement rear bumper that I won’t have to relocate the license plate and light for it
Sponsored