Sponsored

Is the power soft top worth waiting for?

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Wow, I feel you...
You know what ? Just talked to my wife, and we actually both agreed that we’ll get you tickets to the auto show, THE WHOLE 3 DAYS, and we’ll go to Punta Cana in your place ok ?! I can’t let you suffer like that, I had to come up with something... you’re welcome :)
I talked to my wife too guys. She's having octuplets on the same day she's receiving the Nobel Prize, and having---no---I should say doing brain surgery on herself.

Was it too much that I asked her to blow off these things to see the new JL instead?

Don't worry, my common sense prevailed..........................I wonder what color the JL will be?;)

(insert here some Photoshopped picture of a man and his Wrangler at the altar getting married.....)
Sponsored

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
That mytop thing I wonder how it would be getting into the back with the top up as well! If the window doesn’t “pop up” like a hard top that could be a pita.
The rear window is removable so you can load large items when the top is up

drbsp

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Wrangler Unlimited 75th Anniversary Edition
If it is what you want then you should wait for it.

My wife keeps asking me when I am going to order and I tell her that I will order when I can get what I want - in my case Sting-Gray.

If I caved and bought another color every time I saw a Sting-Gray I would regret it.

Agreed, I will order my sting-gray in the next few week even though I know full well, it will probably take 4 months before I see the vehicle.

Jeeptimus Prime

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR
OP - It depends if you think its worth $4K. Was interesting to see Power Slid Top option listed on the Jeep JLU build site in January but then disappeared 2 weeks later.

MeepMeepJeep

First Name
Julia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2015 Wrangler
So to me, the power top is a must have. It's something I've been stating to my family for the last ten years that I wished our Wranglers had power tops. For me, it is an upper body strength and storage space issue. It's a frigging production, I have to loosen all the bolts then sit stranded in the driveway while I recruit people to help me lift the thing into my yard, then it gets wrapped and stored under the deck for the summer-not ideal. Our other Wrangler-never even taken the top off for same reason. I've just put a power soft top ocean blue JL on order-I'm pretty excited and think it will definitely be worth the wait!

My greatest grump about having the top off, one word: DOGS. I've always got them with me. Can't even stop for coffee with them in the Jeep. This will totally do away with all of the issues. My four wheeling is done in soft, soft sand and dunes and it's not going to really bother me to not have sand in my face (when windshield is down).

Sponsored

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
So to me, the power top is a must have. It's something I've been stating to my family for the last ten years that I wished our Wranglers had power tops. For me, it is an upper body strength and storage space issue. It's a frigging production, I have to loosen all the bolts then sit stranded in the driveway while I recruit people to help me lift the thing into my yard, then it gets wrapped and stored under the deck for the summer-not ideal. Our other Wrangler-never even taken the top off for same reason. I've just put a power soft top ocean blue JL on order-I'm pretty excited and think it will definitely be worth the wait!

My greatest grump about having the top off, one word: DOGS. I've always got them with me. Can't even stop for coffee with them in the Jeep. This will totally do away with all of the issues. My four wheeling is done in soft, soft sand and dunes and it's not going to really bother me to not have sand in my face (when windshield is down).
Wow. Did the dealer place the order for the Sky One-Touch Power Top, for a JL 2 door wrangler?

drbsp

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Wrangler Unlimited 75th Anniversary Edition

It sounds as if it is something you really want so you should get it. I too was fed up with the switching and found I never did it. On my last JK I went with the freedom hard top but it wasn’t satisfying for me as it doesn’t provide the true Jeep experience. This time I went soft top. I absolutely love the sunrider top. It is very convenient and I can go either full down or just flip it back. The new soft top is a huge improvement over past generations. I actually had a 1995 Wrangler which I purchased new when I was in college in buffalo. After two years of switching tops every summer I kept the soft top on for winter and it was fine (although I was in college and I was admittedly much more tolerant). The legendary Jeep heat made it possible. That Wrangler didn’t have air conditioning - didn’t need it in pleasant Buffal summer. Now I live in Denver and it is admittedly much easier to go soft top especially with new design but given that design I am positive you could do it in Buffalo. Much cheaper option and definitely versatile with sunrider option. However, sounds as if you really want the power roof. 4K is way too rich for me but to each his own. That 4K was the difference between me being able to go Rubicon vs. Sahara.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
No denying it would be nice to control with a button press, but man...you're really sacrificing a lot of open air for something that is basically like any other SUV "panoramic" roof.

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
The waiting is over. Templeton from our forum ordered the first one!!!:dance:

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
I’d really like to see/hear that...
Don't mean to resurrect the dead, but I'm searching the forums to see if anyone else has this myTop and I actually have footage of my myTop closed and I was pleasantly surprised that it's quieter than my previous hardtop

Sponsored