Sponsored

Is the power soft top worth waiting for?

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
with the release of the late arrival colors (blue for me) in the next few weeks, should I order with dual tops or do you think the power top is worth waiting for?
Sponsored

Bgs133

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 f150
I am waiting for it. No place to keep a hardtop. My last Jeep had dual tops. Once it was off, never used it again. Power top Rubicon for me.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
If it is what you want then you should wait for it.

My wife keeps asking me when I am going to order and I tell her that I will order when I can get what I want - in my case Sting-Gray.

If I caved and bought another color every time I saw a Sting-Gray I would regret it.

OP
OP
Schmeegz

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m not sure if it’s what I want. I don’t know how “open air” it will feel looking in the mirror and still seeing my back window. If that back window could come off I think it’d be a no brainer. But a soft top the back window can’t open up, and the hard top is a pain to remove and can’t go up in a jiff if rain moves in

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I think it will be like a really big sunroof. It's cool how the back windows come off but I bet in practice people rarely do it.

They all have compromises so you just have to figure out what makes sense. I am a soft top guy all the way but I don't live in Buffalo!

OP
OP
Schmeegz

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It just stinks cuz I’m ready to order but I should wait to see both color (blue) and top in person!

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
It just stinks cuz I’m ready to order but I should wait to see both color (blue) and top in person!
They seem to be taking the power top demo jeeps to the auto shows. You may want to check the auto shows coming up in your region. Would be much sooner than seeing it on a lot.

You can also see Ocean Blue on a Chrysler 300.

OP
OP
Schmeegz

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They seem to be taking the power top demo jeeps to the auto shows. You may want to check the auto shows coming up in your region. Would be much sooner than seeing it on a lot.

You can also see Ocean Blue on a Chrysler 300.
yes thought of that. We have the Buffalo auto show coming Feb 9-11, go figure me and the wife will be in Punta Cana!

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
yes thought of that. We have the Buffalo auto show coming Feb 9-11, go figure me and the wife will be in Punta Cana!
Wow. That's terrible. I'm so sorry.

Sponsored

Wdh777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hoping to get a JLL
Any idea when the power top will be available for order? I’m waiting until I can order a sting grey with the power top. I need to park it outside so although the dual top may be in theory better i just don’t see my self taking them off as much vs with the power top flip a button and you are open air.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I’m not sure if it’s what I want. I don’t know how “open air” it will feel looking in the mirror and still seeing my back window. If that back window could come off I think it’d be a no brainer. But a soft top the back window can’t open up, and the hard top is a pain to remove and can’t go up in a jiff if rain moves in
You can remove all the windows on the soft top.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Any idea when the power top will be available for order? I’m waiting until I can order a sting grey with the power top. I need to park it outside so although the dual top may be in theory better i just don’t see my self taking them off as much vs with the power top flip a button and you are open air.
This document hasn't been totally accurate but it says May.

jl-wrangler-timeline-by-jlwranglerforums-small-jpg.jpg

OP
OP
Schmeegz

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can remove all the windows on the soft top.
I was referring to the power top. I don’t see me ever removing the windows on a soft top unless the whole thing is coming down lol.
Sponsored