No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
They’ll be making a Wrangler JL straight axle bronco conversion soon enough. As soon as they end up hanging a real axle on the bronco then all of a sudden you’ll see a bunch of people claiming how Bitchin the bronco is off-road after the wrangler JL conversion. Before you know it the awesome new broncos will have a V-8 , a straight axle , a different transfer case. They’ll be completely converted to a 392 wrangler. Then they’ll claim victory About how much better there bronco is then the wrangler. Lol
Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
My family has very little brand loyalty... my mom likes Lexus and my brother prefers Mercedes. I do like German brands the most... but throughout the years, we've had Plymouth, Chevy, Ford, Datsun/Nissan, Oldsmobile, Mercury, Pontiac, Mazda, Honda, Infiniti, Dodge, Jeep, Mercedes, Subaru, Porsche, Jaguar, Saab, Tesla, Chrysler, Toyota... the Chrysler products have been by far the worst in terms of build quality, material, reliability, etc... my current JL is by far the best built Chrsyler product anybody in my family has ever owned... I do love the Jeep, and I do have high hopes... but I'd feel better if Toyota built it.
You never know, contrary to popular belief the most unreliable vehicle I have owned was a Honda, stranded in remote area without cell service (blown cam seal)was the last straw-sold. Mark IV Lincoln began self destruction at 100K( traded to X for child support- (best trade I ever made) the most reliable, 05 4R, 210k mi before needed repairs exceeded worth. Jeeps, 3A blew head gaskets, L-head replaced with F-head, no problems for 50 years since. CJ5- 10 years (DD for many) no problems until 375 HP Chevy ( mods for it) replaced with 700HP blown Chevy that it couldn’t handle. No problems with 15 GC yet. 392- to be determined.

DurangoWino

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Santa Fe and 2023 Rubi XR 4-door
Occupation
Retired
I ordered a Bronco Badlands Sasquatch in 11/20. Drove one identical to what I ordered at the Bronco Offrodeo in Texas and was very impressed. Very capable and fun to drive. After the continuing train wreck that is the Ford rollout of the Bronco, I cancelled my order this week and ordered a Rubicon with the XR 35” package. It was very doubtful that I would have received my Bronco in 2023 so call it “probable“ 2024 - that would be likely a four year wait. Too many summers missed of driving in the mountains.

Hopefully the competition will make newly designed Wranglers even better in the years ahead.

OP
OP
ExpeditionBuilds

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
The amount of complaining about a posted video was truly spectacular. Clearly a down time on the Internet. Good video, thanks for your thoughts.
True this! Thanks Amigo.

-Steven

Sponsored

laueddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon (Black - Hardtop)
So, I had a chance to spend some time behind the wheel of the new Bronco recently. Is it good enough to make a true Jeep enthusiast want one? In this video I'll share my thoughts on this topic as well as my conclusion. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5HJ5REOo6XbFuakJem6TTw

-Steven
I had a 2018 JLUR, it was traded in for a Bronco Badland + Sas last year, then I also just bought a 4xE. The Needs to keep correcting the steering over 45mph is one of my biggest reason to trade my 2018 Jeep in. The Bronco is a lot better in terms of Steering, and the 2.7 turbo is strong, and so much easier to drive on the highway, but there are other areas which make the Jeep a better choice.
1> Jeep feels more Nimble, it provides a little more feedbacks than the Bronco
2> Mod. availability, many more options, and there are more good and less expensive options out there. The Bronco is so new that many of the upgrades are still under developing stage.

IMHO, if you want a ready to go for some light wheeling, the Bronco is a decent choice compares to Wrangler. Just pick a cheaper trim w/ the Sas. pkg, and you are good to go.

Then, I still end up purchased the 4xe for a couple reason.
1> We tested out the 4xe Sahara, and at this time w/o any mod. it drives 100% perfect on the highway, with no noticeable steering play.
2>I can commute to & from work on pure EV, that's about $1.5 a day vs $9 a day compares to my Bronco
3> The 4xe hybrid engine is so much stronger than my 3.6

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
I was going to make the switch in the beginning but all the red flags I saw from Ford made me say no + Jeep had officially announced the 392 in late 2020 and my mind was focused on that instead.

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
New competition is great and all, but the Bronco could have been so much better. Every time I see one on the road it makes me glad I bought a Rubicon. Broncos are just that ugly. Last week I saw a Bronco on the road and the wrinkly top looked like God took his fist and punched it down from above. Ford has been in business since 1903 and for some reason, with all that knowledge at hand, they couldn’t fix that soft top before production started.

SouthValleyPerformance

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022? Rubicon
So, I had a chance to spend some time behind the wheel of the new Bronco recently. Is it good enough to make a true Jeep enthusiast want one? In this video I'll share my thoughts on this topic as well as my conclusion. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5HJ5REOo6XbFuakJem6TTw

-Steven
I think the JL competes pretty nicely across the board however +1 for the JL for better off road capability and +1 for the Bronco for significantly better on on road manners. I know the typical forum response will be “supposed to be for off-road” but there’s a significantly smaller portion of both fan bases that use them for any kind of serious off-roading. Or even light off roading for that matter. Ive owned a YJ and a JK and now co-own this JL with my wife (she more or less stole it) but I’m a Ford master tech, have always preferred Ford, and have a reservation from Granger for a Bronco. It is possible to enjoy both options in spite of all the douche baggery back and forth. The direct competition will make both better and if you don’t like the other, enjoy what you have and let the other folks do the same.

Sponsored

Mocopo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
open minded
which is better if you HAVE to sell one and keep one?
So I actually just sold my JK, I have a JLURXR scheduled to be delivered in a month, fingers crossed. Stock for stock, my bronco badlands sasquatch will outperform a stock rubicon, but not an XR rubicon. Yes it will pull tires more often, but it'll still conquer the obstacle. Once aftermarket upgrades get thrown in the mix, the jeep will win hands down.... for now. Give it a couple years and once the long arm conversions start coming out, all bets are off.

BeechAV8R

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 392, CJ7 6.6L, Fusion Trophy Truck
So I actually just sold my JK, I have a JLURXR scheduled to be delivered in a month, fingers crossed. Stock for stock, my bronco badlands sasquatch will outperform a stock rubicon, but not an XR rubicon. Yes it will pull tires more often, but it'll still conquer the obstacle. Once aftermarket upgrades get thrown in the mix, the jeep will win hands down.... for now. Give it a couple years and once the long arm conversions start coming out, all bets are off.
You mention long arm conversion. Is that Long Arm conversion for the rear Bronco suspension? The Broncos limited articulation is due to the IFS front suspension design.

Mocopo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
You mention long arm conversion. Is that Long Arm conversion for the rear Bronco suspension? The Broncos limited articulation is due to the IFS front suspension design.
Sorry, meant to say long "travel." Had jeep on the brain 😀

JEEPmole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys 2dr
I had planned on ordering a Bronco, but am so glad I went with the Jeep. The Bronco is already looking dated to my eyes, and it still isn't widely available. So far so good on the wrangler....and I got mine as ordered in 5 months.

laueddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon (Black - Hardtop)
open minded
which is better if you HAVE to sell one and keep one?
If there is a way to guarantee that the steering won't wandering so much like my last JLU after a small lift, then I'll keep the 4xe over the Bronco. There is something about the Jeep which makes it more unique over the Bronco. In some way, the Jeep is more Raw, and the Bronco can feel a little more delicate (A little to refine?)

I actually invested quite a bit on my last Rubicon, but it just wasn''t very stable on the hwy, let alone Hwy+ towing a small trailer in the back.

I am sort of waiting for the JT 4xe.
Sponsored