Sponsored

Pepe My Little Mule

First Name
J.D.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep 4.7L; 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Do their door hinges bubble and melt? Will they honor their corrosion warranty? I'm on my first ever Jeep JL now. I absolutely love driving it especially now that summer is here. Never in my life did I want a convertible. This changed my mind. I bring up the paint issue compared to Ford because I just had my doors/hinges repainted. The engineering design is crap. If it weren't, we wouldn't all be having this problem. I've never owned an FCA before this. Been a GM dedicated guy for 27 years with only 2 exceptions. I buy cars every couple years, usually new. My wife gets the same treatment. The paint issues is enough for me to go somewhere else.
Well if paint problems sour you.... be forewarned that the new GM "environmentally freindly" paint becomes permanently etched, scarred and otherwise made unsightly due to bird ahit, sap, bugs and tree dirt... and then GM treats you like a POS when you expect it fixed during warranty.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
There’s three things the bronco is better in.
1. Handling
2. Seat comfort
3. Technology
If Jeep would stop being cheap and lazy and provide the proper LCAs to rubicons from the factory #1 on my list could be crossed off.

A1EE50F4-4452-4588-A29A-DB45C37AF083.jpeg
Having never sat in a new Bronco you’re assessment of #1 with experience completely accepted, #2 accepted since my seat is rock hard uncomfortable, my first and biggest complaint, #3, don’t care, satisfied.

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
I had planned on ordering a Bronco, but am so glad I went with the Jeep. The Bronco is already looking dated to my eyes, and it still isn't widely available. So far so good on the wrangler....and I got mine as ordered in 5 months.
I was able to see a used one at a chevy dealer just for shits and giggles and yeah it does feel very cheap (especailly the dash) the marine grade vinyl looked good from the touch but not sure about the long term...ill stick with my Rubicon

Bayrat

First Name
DA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon 392
It looks hauntingly similar to my 1969 International Scout.

scout.jpeg

Sponsored

Omarius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Willys
I had a reservation on the bronco, but they have a hell of a time building them. In retrospect, I'm glad it didn't come in, as the more of them I see in person, the less I like them. What it actually reminds me of is the 2005 Mustang. They were all the rage when they came out, due to the retro aesthetic, but if you look at a 2005 mustang now it looks like pure ass. The bronco will also not age well, imo. The only ugly Jeep is the JK (especially the interior), the rest have looked alright.

Xspurt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Juliet Lima
I feel both the Wrangler and the new Bronco look great. I had a good chuckle at some of the comments (attacks) on the Bronco and what it looks like. I'm not sure why people are so threatened by it, if it wasn't for competition, the Wrangler would not be what it is today.

The Jeep is still on top when it comes to off road prowess. It's currently more available, more reliable and cheaper but that will eventually even out when we're done with all of the world's woes.

I could be happy with either one.

1Evil55

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport
Well if paint problems sour you.... be forewarned that the new GM "environmentally freindly" paint becomes permanently etched, scarred and otherwise made unsightly due to bird ahit, sap, bugs and tree dirt... and then GM treats you like a POS when you expect it fixed during warranty.
In the couple dozen GM's I've owned over the years, I have yet to have an issue with paint but thanks for the heads up. My 2022 GM just got PPF and ceramic coated. Chances are good it will never even see a rain drop so the paint should stay in decent shape. Do you have a link related to your concern?

smokeythecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport 2-door, 2019 Mini Cooper S
You never know, contrary to popular belief the most unreliable vehicle I have owned was a Honda, stranded in remote area without cell service (blown cam seal)was the last straw-sold. Mark IV Lincoln began self destruction at 100K( traded to X for child support- (best trade I ever made) the most reliable, 05 4R, 210k mi before needed repairs exceeded worth. Jeeps, 3A blew head gaskets, L-head replaced with F-head, no problems for 50 years since. CJ5- 10 years (DD for many) no problems until 375 HP Chevy ( mods for it) replaced with 700HP blown Chevy that it couldn’t handle. No problems with 15 GC yet. 392- to be determined.
Where did you post the secret decoder ring for your post?

Traveller128

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys 2 Door 6 speed
Occupation
Volvo Master Technician
Not sure why people are so worried about the steering. A good deal of it is caused by wide tires, and the Bronco does it as well, just watch some of the reviewers talking about larger tires on the Bronco. Several have said that the perceived road manners go back to being about a wash with the 35" tires on the Bronco.

Our 2 door drives just fine. We're running a 255 width taller tire, and JT lower control arms. It drives with one hand on the wheel, and the only thing that makes it take two hands is high winds.

All the Jeeps with wide 35's I've driven (mostly 4 doors) seem to wander with the pavement grooves. It's the tires, not the vehicle. Wide tires follow the terrain. Every old 4WD I've owned or driven with up to 38" tires has followed the pavement, it's not just a Jeep thing.
It looks hauntingly similar to my 1969 International Scout.

Jeep Wrangler JL Is the new Bronco good enough to make me want to switch? scout
That right there, is why I was initially interested in the Bronco two door, I happen to like old International Scouts! The Bronco does remind me of one to a degree.

But the weight turned me off. At the point a 2 door Black Diamond with the 4 cylinder is 4500 lbs, I was out. 500 lbs more than our Willys? Yeah, no wonder it gets 17 MPG, it's in boost all the time trying to move 2 1/4 tons. My Mustang PP with a manual, was 3600, and it was heavy for what it was I thought, but the 2.3T in that got 26-31 MPG. If I'm going to spend bucks on premium gas, I expect a return on investment. I'll take the 3.6 and 87 octane with lower weight and over 20 MPG.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Completely agree, the 2dr Bronco IMHO looks better than the 2dr Wrangler
Nah, the 2dr Wrangler looks just right (IMHO) and although I really think the 2dr Bronco looks 10x better than the 4dr it's still too simple in overall design. I love pre-78 Broncos, and would still love to own a 76 or 77, I think it's the best looking 4x4 ever made, followed closely by the 70s CJ5s. I also think Jeep 99% nailed it w/ the 2dr JL, not really anything I'd want changed from a styling POV and for a modern vehicle w/ rugged off road ability you can't do much better design wise (IMO).

Ford came close to nailing it w/ the 2dr Bronco, just too many corners cut in overall styling and a poor model rollout soured me on the current vehicle. If Ford emulated the bobtail Bronco the way Dodge emulated the early Challenger (keeping the styling fresh but kept all the good lines of the original) I would be much more in favor of this model. Maybe the next refresh things will be closer to that???

tobyw

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU-R
I'll echo what other owners/drivers of the new Bronco have already said - they flat out drive better than the Jeep, period. It's undeniable based simply on suspension design, and that's not a bad thing or a bash in any way, it's just simple math. In my opinion, they are different tools for different jobs, and I'm very happy to have both options at my disposal.

Jeep Wrangler JL Is the new Bronco good enough to make me want to switch? IMG_5361.JPG

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I'll echo what other owners/drivers of the new Bronco have already said - they flat out drive better than the Jeep, period. It's undeniable based simply on suspension design, and that's not a bad thing or a bash in any way, it's just simple math. In my opinion, they are different tools for different jobs, and I'm very happy to have both options at my disposal.

Jeep Wrangler JL Is the new Bronco good enough to make me want to switch? IMG_5361.JPG
Cool! Now all you need is a two door, preferably in a Jeep body :)
Nice pair btw!

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
You all criticizing this youtuber. You all watch or watched TV. TV is the same crap or even worse lol.

Also his "clickbait" line is much better than an oompa loompa pimping his wife using crappy pics of her in a bikini to get views.

1Evil55

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport

Looks like you've found your newest home furniture piece, ie kitchen table.
Sponsored