Sponsored

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
I’ll bite. I’m planning on getting a bronco later this year. I’ve owned 2 JKs and 2 JLs. All 4 have had their problems, so I figure it is a wash on the quality side. I’m just looking for something different and I think the Bronco or 4 runner fit that bill. The only reason I crossed off the 4Runner was because they are revamping next year anyway (2024).

As noted, everyone has their preferences. I know for a fact that the posts on the Bronco forum say the opposite of what’s said here. The fun thing about vehicles is that you aren’t required to keep one for life, and I don’t plan to.
Sponsored

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
I'm pretty non biased when it comes to vehicles. I just picked up my Willys Xtreme Recon yesterday and while on the way home a yellow 4 door Bronco was next to us for miles.

All I can say is I'm soo happy I have the Jeep. The 4 door Bronco is hideous. Especially with the regular size tires. So disproportionate.

The 2 door Bronco with the Sasquatch package looks much better. 👌

Noway

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
If there is a way to guarantee that the steering won't wandering so much like my last JLU after a small lift, then I'll keep the 4xe over the Bronco. There is something about the Jeep which makes it more unique over the Bronco. In some way, the Jeep is more Raw, and the Bronco can feel a little more delicate (A little to refine?)

I actually invested quite a bit on my last Rubicon, but it just wasn''t very stable on the hwy, let alone Hwy+ towing a small trailer in the back.

I am sort of waiting for the JT 4xe.
sell both and get a 392 XR..It has the power you want, the traction control you are looking for and overall is an amazing machine

Noway

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
I'm pretty non biased when it comes to vehicles. I just picked up my Willys Xtreme Recon yesterday and while on the way home a yellow 4 door Bronco was next to us for miles.

All I can say is I'm soo happy I have the Jeep. The 4 door Bronco is hideous. Especially with the regular size tires. So disproportionate.

Biased post. Are you going to say that your wife is ugly when you just got married that day? Please discard this guy's opinion..He is still drunk with joy after getting is brand spanking new Jeep

Noway

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
So I actually just sold my JK, I have a JLURXR scheduled to be delivered in a month, fingers crossed. Stock for stock, my bronco badlands sasquatch will outperform a stock rubicon, but not an XR rubicon. Yes it will pull tires more often, but it'll still conquer the obstacle. Once aftermarket upgrades get thrown in the mix, the jeep will win hands down.... for now. Give it a couple years and once the long arm conversions start coming out, all bets are off.
Have you had the chance to try Bronco Raptor?

Sponsored

Blanco Willys

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
I put in an order for an Outer Banks Sasquatch maxed-out with options with the soft top back in January '22. I test drove the dealer model (way high-end Wildtrack $86k) and really really liked it. Quick motor (if it doesn't blow a valve) and I'm obsessed with the looks with the top down and doors off. I know I 'll get hate for it, but IDC.

As of today no VIN yet and I'm being told I may not get one till Dec. So I went out and got a 2018 JLU Rubicon last week and god damn I love this rig. There's this great community I was unaware of (for the most part). I can't wait to do some overlanding or simple offroading soon.

I may just pass on my Bronco order...
Take the Bronco money and put it into your Jeep.

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
Biased post. Are you going to say that your wife is ugly when you just got married that day? Please discard this guy's opinion..He is still drunk with joy after getting is brand spanking new Jeep
No its not. I've said this about the 4 door before long before I even ordered a Jeep.

If it was a biased post why did I say the 2 door looks much better? And why do I have a 2 door Base + Sasquatch in Eruption Green reservation. It's just my opinion and my taste. You don't have to like it. And it has nothing to do with me being drunk with joy with my new Jeep.

Mocopo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
Have you had the chance to try Bronco Raptor?
Nope. I actually had a reservation in and tried to be one of the lucky ones to convert it to a raptor order, but I just didn't have enough luck. From the factory on 37s, over 400 hp, it's going to be a beast. I am like most people who hate the fenders tho. Even on our badsquatch we did a delete.
Jeep Wrangler JL Is the new Bronco good enough to make me want to switch? 20220617_192613

Noway

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
No its not. I've said this about the 4 door before long before I even ordered a Jeep.

If it was a biased post why did I say the 2 door looks much better? And why do I have a 2 door Base + Sasquatch in Eruption Green reservation. It's just my opinion and my taste. You don't have to like it. And it has nothing to do with me being drunk with joy with my new Jeep.
Nope. I actually had a reservation in and tried to be one of the lucky ones to convert it to a raptor order, but I just didn't have enough luck. From the factory on 37s, over 400 hp, it's going to be a beast. I am like most people who hate the fenders tho. Even on our badsquatch we did a delete.
Jeep Wrangler JL Is the new Bronco good enough to make me want to switch? 20220617_192613
road rush, specially off road is crazy without fenders or running boards. The offset is too much not to have any protection. Even some mudflaps would help when off roading

Mocopo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
road rush, specially off road is crazy without fenders or running boards. The offset is too much not to have any protection. Even some mudflaps would help when off roading
Ya. But I didn't buy it to keep the paint nice. The Arizona pinstripes I get on it will be way worse than the rock chips. And we plan on wrapping it soon anyway.

Sponsored

Blanco Willys

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
https://www.amw4x4.com/vehicles-for-sale
Just get one of these

Mocopo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLURXR
Build Thread
Link

JEEPmole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys 2dr

+1 on that. The 4 door Wranglers look good, the Bronco looks like a jacked up Ford Flex.

I think the 2 door Bronco w/Sasquatch looks good if you can find one and pay MSRP. That doesn't appear to be happening.

The Willys XR is the best looking of all, and in the sweet spot for performance as well. I'm just bummed it's not available in the 2 door.

matz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
My sincerest apologies for having to pay money for that abomination of a brand new vehicle. Go to the Bronco forum for Jeep wannabes, this is for Jeep owners. Bronco owners are like the vegans of nutrition hardos, they make a bunch of food that looks like the real thing but we al know is just a tacky imitation. Tell us when the fix the hard top screw ups and shoot the guy who designed the fenders
Sponsored