First Name
Kell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU SPORT
Occupation
Retired Law Enforcement
Just curious. With some of the complaints I've read about the new jl it makes me wonder how many people are buying the jl as their introduction into jeeping. I'm not talking about other jeep models like the grand cherokee or patriot. I just want to know if it is your first wrangler.
JLU. My very first Jeep of any kind. Though my Vet buddies tell me it's not a jeep. Had a Dodge 3500 DWR Diesel for 14 years prior. Love it so far.
Sponsored

MissyC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
This my first Jeep and my first Wrangler. I have no complaints and am very happy with my purchase. :)

JL FTWORTH

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport, 2021 Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
D320D7B8-1F87-4153-9192-5BEC4F3D6BE6.jpeg
First Wrangler and first car that everyone notices that I'm there on the highway.

BeerGuyNS

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Occupation
Retail Manager
Vehicle Showcase
First wrangler... not first "Jeep". Owned a 1998 WJ (grand cherokee) then a 1998 XJ (cherokee). Always wanted a Wrangler. It's everything I had hoped for, lol!!! LOVE IT!!

IMG_0422.jpg

IMG_3731.jpg

IMG_1220.jpg

Last edited:

NeoMaximuz

First Name
Abraham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Unlimited Rubicon JL
Back when I was still living with my parents in 2005, my dad bought a 2005 CRD Liberty. I loved that little thing, real fun to drive, awesome torque, and great 4x4.

But I've had a Ford Ranger and two Tacomas. I always thought I'd just get a new Tacoma. However, two years ago my dad bought a 1995 YJ. I hadn't driven standard in years so I asked to borrow it. First thing I did was take off the soft top and the doors. Since he only used it on the weekends, I held on to it for two months. It was so much fun to drive, that I decided I was getting a wrangler as my next vehicle. Then the JLs came out and I decided that would make a perfect choice to go Jeep and have it be my daily driver. So I have a 2019 JLUR on order, and I can't wait!

Sponsored

1idrod

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ritterhomesinc.com
Vehicle(s)
06 GMC 3/4 Diesel, 02 V-Rod
Occupation
Builder
7th Jeep and 3rd Wrangler. It had been 10yrs since my last Wrangler. Was looking at getting a used one for just fun and to keep the miles down on my truck when it wasn't really needed. After looking at the used prices and seeing the JL it was love at first sight. LOL. I absolutely love this thing so much better than any other I've had !! It's like a totally different animal in a good way to me. More refined but can still play dirty

Gaust

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 Renegade Trailhawk
First Wrangler Rubicon owner and no major complaints. It’s a very nice and fun upgrade from the previous car. As a previous owner of Nissans, 2 Xterras and a Titan, I enjoy the Rubicon much more! First Jeep was a 1979 Wagoneer about 25yrs ago.

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
First Wrangler. I had a Grand Cherokee back in 1989 that I kept for about 7 years.

Skubaa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Sahara
Third Jeep and it truly is the best Jeep. Husband thinks I am crazy buying American. But he also knows he doesn’t ever want to make me choose between him and my baby. So traded in my 13 Gecko for my bday present of a Mojito. Happy wife happy life should be every husband’s mottos!!

Sponsored

Capt-Zoom

First Name
Capt-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL sport s, 4door. 1999 TJ Sport
'83 Cj7
'91 YJ renegade
'99 TJ
'18 JLU going back
'19 JLU on order

hutchman

First Name
itufoijo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willy
Some good looking Jeeps in here, some old some new. As a rule, I do not like green, but something about thr Green on these Wranglers really catches my eye. I would like to own one of those!

Sunin-Retired

First Name
Sunin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue Rubi on order, 2013 Prius c, 1999 10th Anniversary Miata
Yes, but technically I don’t get it for a few more days!

Prevok

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara Punk'N 2.0T 2018
Occupation
IT Tech Lead in the video game industry
Vehicle Showcase
Second Jeep and second Wrangler.

Had a JK Sport 2015, traded in for a Ford Escape 2017. Didn't like the Escape much, but made a much better family vehicle when my daughter was born. When the order bank finally opened, I ordered a JLU Sahara. Only regret is the steering. It could be a bit tighter, but the dead spot on the steering is small and it seems much better than most.

All in all, happy to be back in a Wrangler and one that can accommodate a family.
Sponsored