Is the JL the worst Jeep ever?

aeonixx1001

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
In every Brand and make of vehicle there are "Lemons". It does not mean that the JL is not a quality Jeep. This is my 7th Jeep and I have had little to no issues.
Sponsored

Ray Pezzi

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I got an "Urgent Attention Alert" for my old Jeep recently. This was a couple weeks after I'd traded it in (with 5,395 troublesome miles) on my new Audi. Don't know what the engine malfunction was...maybe the dealer overfilled the oil when they did an oil change. I hope they fixed this problem before they sold it, but I was just very, very happy that it wasn't my Jeep any more.
Jeep Wrangler JL Is the JL the worst Jeep ever? ALERT-Action-needed-on-your-2019-Jeep-Wrangler-Unlimited-rkpezzi-gmail-com-Gmail

Last edited:

gschones

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited
In every Brand and make of vehicle there are "Lemons". It does not mean that the JL is not a quality Jeep. This is my 7th Jeep and I have had little to no issues.
I just bought my 5th Jeep, (2nd JLU). I had a few issues with my first JLU but nothing that was not taken care of at the dealer. I am really enjoying my 2021 JLU even more. Now for the task of taking a bath on my wife's 2018 Audi as I trade it in on a new car for her. Nothing holds it's value Like a wrangler.

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Yes, please trade in for a Ford, Toyota or Tesla.

maddmaxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jlur
My 2020 wrangler rubicon with the famous 3.6 engine has been gutted 2 times for cams rockers and lifters. Last week I noticed a rear axle seal leak now it looks like I have a damn tranny fluid leak from the 8 spd auto. Right where the trans bell housing bolts to the engine. I’m thinking a tranny seal. 56k miles. Also the right front hub bearing crapped out around 30k miles. Stock lift and tires. It may not be the worst Jeep ever but its in the running

Last edited:

Sponsored

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
My 2020 wrangler rubicon with the famous 3.6 engine has been gutted 2 times for cams rockers and lifters. Last week I noticed a rear axle seal leak now it looks like I have a damn tranny fluid leak from the 8 spd auto. Right where the trans bell housing bolts to the engine. I’m thinking a tranny seal. 56k miles. Also the right front hub bearing crapped out around 30k miles. Stock lift and tires. It may not be the worst Jeep ever but its in the running.
Brutal.. and I thought i had it bad and wanted to add ...how many miles when the upper half of the engine started to fail? How often did u do ur oil change?

jlandry287

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Diesel
Sounds like the lemon law could be your friend (if it applies to used vehicles, I’m unsure) but it’s worth mentioning

maddmaxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jlur
Brutal.. and I thought i had it bad and wanted to add ...how many miles when the upper half of the engine started to fail? How often did u do ur oil change?
I change my oil and filter every 3-4k miles. The engine started the dreaded ticking sound around 8-10k miles. Around 35k had one cam and associated rockers and lifters replaced. Around the 50k mile marker the engine went from ticking to knocking which landed it back in the shop in which all 4 cams and all rockers and lifters were replaced. Luckily still under warranty. I have no complaints with the dealership, and I did purchase a 4 yr unlimited mileage power train warranty after I got it out of the shop last time, which was a few months ago. I plan to keep my Jeep. I bought it new. But it’s starting to irritate the holy shit out of me. I’m not on my pitty pot, but damn!! I’ve got a Nissan Titan, 172k miles. Other than normal wear and tear, the best damn truck I’ve ever owned. Love my Jeep…

Last edited:

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
I change my oil and filter every 3-4k miles. The engine started the dreaded ticking sound around 8-10k miles. Around 35k had one cam and associated rockers and lifters replaced. Around the 50k mile marker the engine went from ticking to knocking which landed it back in the shop in which all 4 cams and all rockers and lifters were replaced. Luckily still under warranty. I have no complaints with the dealership, and I did purchase a 4 yr unlimited mileage power train warranty after I got it out of the shop last time, which was a few months ago. I plan to keep my Jeep. I bought it new. But it’s starting to irritate the holy shit out of me. I’m not on my pitty pot, but damn!! I’ve got a Nissan Titan, 172k miles. Other than normal wear and tear, the best damn truck I’ve ever owned. Love my Jeep…
How much did they charge for 4 yr warranty..If I may ask

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
My 2020 wrangler rubicon with the famous 3.6 engine has been gutted 2 times for cams rockers and lifters. Last week I noticed a rear axle seal leak now it looks like I have a damn tranny fluid leak from the 8 spd auto. Right where the trans bell housing bolts to the engine. I’m thinking a tranny seal. 56k miles. Also the right front hub bearing crapped out around 30k miles. Stock lift and tires. It may not be the worst Jeep ever but its in the running.
We are sorry to hear of your ongoing concerns. If you need support while your Jeep is with a dealership, send us a private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares

Sponsored

aeonixx1001

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
Yep they are the worst Jeep ever, although I have had absolutely zero problems with mine over 2 years. You might want to trade it in on a Bronco, or a Nissan Truck. Good luck what ever you choose..

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
I had my 2001 TJ until 2020. Replaced a starter, water pump, and a radiator but I would expect that on a vehicle that old. It was one of the most reliable vehicles I ever owned. People say Jeeps are unreliable, but I have been a very satisfied customer. I had my 2020 Sport for two years and traded it in on my 2022 Sahara. But I had no problems with either of them. Unsatisifed customers are more apt to voice thier opinions then satisfied customers...

maddmaxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jlur
How much did they charge for 4 yr warranty..If I may ask
Yep they are the worst Jeep ever, although I have had absolutely zero problems with mine over 2 years. You might want to trade it in on a Bronco, or a Nissan Truck. Good luck what ever you choose..
Sounds like you got a good one. Not bashing the bronco, but hell hasnt froze over yet. Not a bronco fan. Jeep is where it’s at IMO for a real off road machine. I’m sure others are good, and as much trouble as I’m having…I’m gonna stick with the jlu for now. I’ve got an extended warranty on it for an insurance policy. I never mentioned what pushed me towards the extended warranty….It was the mechanic that worked on the engine the first time. He advised me to get it. Pretty damn good advise.

Petey

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport manual
Sounds like you got a good one. Not bashing the bronco, but hell hasnt froze over yet. Not a bronco fan. Jeep is where it’s at IMO for a real off road machine. I’m sure others are good, and as much trouble as I’m having…I’m gonna stick with the jlu for now. I’ve got an extended warranty on it for an insurance policy. I never mentioned what pushed me towards the extended warranty….It was the mechanic that worked on the engine the first time. He advised me to get it. Pretty damn good advise.
yup the mechanics have a good idea about what might be an issue. They get to see what comes in with most problems..
Sponsored