Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
Gah shoot sorry! Now you know at least. Also, check the "deals" tab on the main page for the latest promos (I also throw out a few posts giving the scoop).

-Julia
A credit to my account wouldn't hurt !
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ronnie772

Ronnie772

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
That’s awesome. Who ended up fixing it?
The same dealership that it was at. Once the Service Director got involved and moved it to another mechanic, it somehow was all better within a week.

RobAmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 3.0L Turbo Diesel Rubicon
What are those skinny sticks on the edge of your driveway?
Ha Ha spoken like a warm weather climate person :LOL: The are called snow stakes so plows know where our lawns are so less damage come spring. The are just used for guides.

Sponsored

Ray Pezzi

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
What are those skinny sticks on the edge of your driveway?
When you walk out there to plow and everything is white, buried under 2' of snow, it's awfully nice to know where the driveway ends and the lawn begins.
(And yes, we're having a p***-poor winter up here. The snow should be near the tops of those driveway markers by now.)

Ray Pezzi

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold or repurchased by FCA?
Traded in on a new Audi Q5. Somebody's going to get what, at first glance, is a very nice Jeep with only 5,395 miles. Time will tell on the Audi, of course, but for now it's nice to be able to take the dogs on an excursion and not leave it running while we're on our hike.
I **will** say this for the Jeep, though -- that UConnect touchscreen with everything right there has to be one of the best systems available, at least from the standpoint of the user interface (forgetting about reliability for a moment). Everything's so simple and logical, not buried in strange places in menus. It's better than the system in my wife's 2020 Lincoln and .... well, let's just say there's a learning curve to the Audi MMI system. :)

Last edited:

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Traded in on a new Audi Q5.
The q5 is a great road vehicle, the wife wants one when we retire to be her "old lady car". They are a blast to drive on road and handle snow and ice well. I've never seen one on a trail though? I'm a huge jeep fan, but I tell everyone who asks the same thing. If you aren't going to wheel it, there are much better options than the wrangler. Even if you are a jeep fan, if it's a road only vehicle get a grand Cherokee. More comfortable, better engine options, handles better, much more cabin space, etc. On the other hand the wrangler is about the only option for a hard use off roader, at least until ford actually builds any of those broncos they took pre-orders on 8 months ago.

Ray Pezzi

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The q5 is a great road vehicle, the wife wants one when we retire to be her "old lady car". They are a blast to drive on road and handle snow and ice well. I've never seen one on a trail though? I'm a huge jeep fan, but I tell everyone who asks the same thing. If you aren't going to wheel it, there are much better options than the wrangler. Even if you are a jeep fan, if it's a road only vehicle get a grand Cherokee. More comfortable, better engine options, handles better, much more cabin space, etc. On the other hand the wrangler is about the only option for a hard use off roader, at least until ford actually builds any of those broncos they took pre-orders on 8 months ago.
Yes, totally agree. I ordered my Sahara with a ton of various options to try to make it as comfortable as possible, but I'd have been far better off spending that money on a Grand Cherokee (or an Audi). The extent of my off-roading is pretty much limited to putt-putting down a sandy two-track to a nice trout stream, not blasting across some desert landscape. The Wrangler got me with its good looks...but as I learned many years ago, you can't base a relationship on looks. If I had a 3 car garage I'd have kept it around just for fun, but I needed something I could count on day in and day out.

Sponsored

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Traded in on a new Audi Q5.
Depending on who you talk to that's not necessarily better; a certain YouTube car personality calls them "endless money pits." :LOL:

However, I've owned several Audis in my life and all of them have been completely reliable though I admit to not keeping them longer than seven years each.

Good luck with the Q5!

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
After owning a few new cars in my life, I'm under the impression that ones ownership experiences are largely luck-of-the-draw. The OP has had negative experiences, but many of us are long-time Jeep owners with nothing but good things to say.

My only unbreakable rule is to not buy a vehicle that has been test-driven. I've seen people on the forum thrilled because they've gotten a great deal on a demo. I just think about all of the cold starts followed seconds later by acceleration tests.

gschones

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited
I traded my 2018 JLU on 2021 80th Anniversary JLU. I got 4500.00 less than I paid for it new on a trade in. Jeep JLU's definitely hold their value.

Jeep Wrangler JL Is the JL the worst Jeep ever? 20201230_102132

gschones

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited
Depending on who you talk to that's not necessarily better; a certain YouTube car personality calls them "endless money pits." :LOL:

However, I've owned several Audis in my life and all of them have been completely reliable though I admit to not keeping them longer than seven years each.

Good luck with the Q5!
I bought my wife a 2018 Audi A4 when I bought my 2018 JLU. She is tired of it and wants new car. It has 18000 miles on it and is loaded. Paid 45k. Trade in value is 24k in mint condition. Good cars, just don't hold their value like a jeep Wrangler.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
I have great news to report!!! I got my Jeep back today!!!
Apparently there was a short in some harness that caused issues with several modules. Once it got into the hands of someone that knew what they were doing, it was able to be fixed. Now I hope to update with only good things.

Thanks to all who have offered guidance and support through this 2 month process!
Sounded like the attention and communication with engineers was what’s wrong not with the JL itself.

When you build a million of anything especially with 3/4 party parts. Stuff happens. When it does you would expect them to fix as efficiently as possible. This did not happen.
Sponsored