Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Cool cool cool... He bought a 2018. That’s what I am referring too.
Oops 😬 I have 2018 JLR only problem crack windshield Used for heavy off road and toad for Motorhome

B242A58B-C1E6-4C74-B8EA-836BB813A1CA.jpeg
Sponsored

Duck Dodgers

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 door
87 YJ - Rusted air cleaner housing (inside) between filter and carb. 1 new carb later and careful inspection - okie dokie. A few issues with the PukeJoe tranny.

Ground spider fault all lights and guages would go out periodically. Never found problem. Problem solved it self after it landed on its side.

93 YJ - Slave cylinder, slave cylinder, slave cylinder. Did I mention the slave cylinder crapped out more than once.

Driver seat mounts tore loose. Actually the floor split along the seat mounts. ( Hey, those mall parking lots are hell)

Battery ground wire ate itself from the inside.

20 JL - fingers crossed.

Rs4rocks

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M4m40i
2020 JL Rubicon Recon. 5+ months of ownership and zero issues. Drive it off road and in town. 100% stock....well, a few accessories😂 My last BMW was in the shop twice in 6 months.

Luck of the draw?

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I must own the only reliable 2018 JLUR. Mine was one of the very first production batches done in late 2017 and other than a busted seat latch (common issue with cheap plastic and cold winter climates) and my UConnect eating shit, I've had absolutely no mechanical issues. My steering is fine. No welding problems. The paint is holding up. I've beat the crap out of this thing and it's taken it like a champ.

Are all the Fuses seated properly? YES, we checked. Are all the grounds checked and clean? YES, we checked. Are both the main and auxiliary battery good? NO, you don't have an auxiliary battery...

I'm really curious about the battery, so if anyone knows definitively, please share.
The fact they can't flash anything to your BCM makes me wonder if there's still a battery or fuse issue. I'd ask them if they tested the battery (or swapped it for a known good one simply for process of elimination) and if they pulled and examined the fuse array. "Checking" is too ambiguous. For all you know, they checked it by simply gazing at it.

Last edited:

Jinnjue

First Name
Jinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler jl 2 door Mojito Green
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like you got a JL made on a Friday afternoon! Zero issues on my JL
Wow!?!? I guess this isn’t a good time to complain about my radio issues!?!? And here I thought I had problems. Should consider myself lucky I guess. 🙏🏽🤷🏽‍♂️👍🏽

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ronnie772

Ronnie772

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
The fact they can't flash anything to your BCM makes me wonder if there's still a battery or fuse issue. I'd ask them if they tested the battery (or swapped it for a known good one simply for process of elimination) and if they pulled and examined the fuse array. "Checking" is too ambiguous. For all you know, they checked it by simply gazing at it.
I'm going to ask that when I call in. What's incredible to me is that they have the technician at the shop, and a level 1 and level 2 engineer working remotely, and they haven't figured out what's wrong in 7 weeks! I have to believe that swapping the battery would be one of the first things they would have attempted to resolve an electrical issue, but maybe I'm giving them too much credit. I've learned more in this forum and through YouTube than they probably got trained on.

Sponsored

gschones

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited
I'm going to ask that when I call in. What's incredible to me is that they have the technician at the shop, and a level 1 and level 2 engineer working remotely, and they haven't figured out what's wrong in 7 weeks! I have to believe that swapping the battery would be one of the first things they would have attempted to resolve an electrical issue, but maybe I'm giving them too much credit. I've learned more in this forum and through YouTube than they probably got trained on.
I had the same issue on my 2018 jl. It was in the shop 5 days and turned out to be a fusible link. the repair took 30 minutes.

Last edited:

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
Looks like you got a JL made on a Friday afternoon! Zero issues on my JL
Friday has nothing to do with FCA purchase
Nope, not making my car payment.
Talk to Jeep care they normally handle that . My Rubi sat for 5 months .After it was fixed they sent me a check for the downtime at what my payments were .

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Exactly. And I doubt they even touched the battery or fuses. They probably just did a visual inspection. They should test voltages in all battery states, make sure the fuse array block is in nothing less than excellent condition, and double check the fuse box connectors to make sure plugs are in good shape (no bent pins) and that the box itself is perfectly seated.

While there's no guarantee the battery or fuses are the problem, the computer will freak out like a paranoid sociopath coming off her meds if these items aren't damn near perfect. This isn't even new territory for the Wrangler, either. The JK is the same way, too.

aeonixx1001

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
2020 JL Rubicon Recon. 5+ months of ownership and zero issues. Drive it off road and in town. 100% stock....well, a few accessories😂 My last BMW was in the shop twice in 6 months.

Luck of the draw?
OMG I sold my BMW to buy the Jeep. Every time I went to the shop it cost me $300 and it was under warranty. I have always had a Jeep and I am glad to be back. I did love my Beamer but it not a real trail blazer Ha Ha.
Sponsored