Sponsored

Is the JL the worst Jeep ever?

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Extreme Frustration with this, a common denominator for these electrical issues may be worth pursuing, such as bad grounds, bent/ misaligned wiring harness pins. And of course, the fuses/ relays not being seated. Why not check every ground, every harness connector . By " check", I mean disassembling, cleaning, reinstalling grounds ; separating, inspecting harness connections for loose, bent pins.
Nothing to lose

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not sure why you are confused. I bought the Jeep on a Friday and had the lift and wheels put on the next Tuesday, ordered all the accessories the week I bought it, including the new leather seats, camera relocation kit, etc. (which are sitting in my guest room waiting for the Jeep to come back) and the car died before the weekend. Nothing was purchased before I got it, but as soon as I got it I started making it my own.
I’ve seen the light. Which just adds to the frustrations I’m sure.

**But if you haven’t put it all on then you wouldn’t lose that money for a trade which is what I was alluding to.. Anything that you did put on I’m sure you could remove if they gave you the opportunity in that case.

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
They say that while the star case is open he can only do what the engineers tell him to do.
Did the dealer provide a loaner car? They seem to be more motivated when covering that daily cost. After the dealer had the jeep for a month, time to assertively speak with upper mgmt at the dealer and go up the ladder at FCA corporate and demand a buy back. The dealer can swap the wheels and upholstery...not a big deal.

OP
OP
Ronnie772

Ronnie772

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Did the dealer provide a loaner car? They seem to be more motivated when covering that daily cost. After the dealer had the jeep for a month, time to assertively speak with upper mgmt at the dealer and go up the ladder at FCA corporate and demand a buy back. The dealer can swap the wheels and upholstery...not a big deal.
The dealer did not initially, but after the first two weeks I spoke up and have had a rental for the past month.
Also, manufacturer buy-backs and Florida Lemon Law is applicable to new vehicles only. I'm not sure if the fact that it's Certified Pre-Owned makes a difference with the manufacturer buy-back or not.

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I hope you get it resolved quickly and get to enjoy that machine the way it was intended to be enjoyed.

Last edited:

TravisRogers

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
I think the Wrangler's biggest issue is not the reliability or quality –– it's the dealership service departments. They're awful and they know it.

Once you get it back, I'd bet you'll be good for a long while of trouble free ownership. I'm hitting 50K miles and I've been pleasantly surprised by the quality of the car (I was expecting the worst).

PokerMunkee

First Name
Poker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 XK 5.7 QD-II
I hope they are paying your car payment. Rental plus car payment should get it fixed ASAP. I've never heard of a car being in the shop for a month+. INSANE!

Emersaurus

First Name
Emerson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black JLUR
Bought a CPO 2018 JLU Rubicon in June of this year with 17,000 miles. I've put 7,000 miles on it since I've bought it. I've had no major issues since getting it.

So far the problems I've had is the rear window defroster cable popping off the rear window, which was repaired under warranty, a nail in my tire that the dealer patched at no cost, and my driver side rear seat lever broke, which I'll be taking to get fixed soon. Lastly, I have a chip in my windshield (typical lol).

I drive about 50/50 city/highway and have taken it off-roading 3 times so far.

Overall, very happy with my purchase so far!

Like many have said, I hope Jeep takes care of you so you can start enjoying your vehicle!!

Sponsored

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
I have a 2018 JL, no issues so far. Only 18k miles, but no issues so far. The only thing I've taken mine in for other than oil changes is the heat puts out too hot air but I was told its working as intended.

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
Looks like you got a JL made on a Friday afternoon! Zero issues on my JL
Used to say that about a surgeon in our area. Great guy Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday. Friday you don’t want him cause he is in pre weekend game mode and not on Monday post weekend.
Sponsored