Is the JL the worst Jeep ever?

socaljeep

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Corvette ZR1, 2018 Jeep Rubicon, 2006 Yamaha 50th Anniversary R1
Love !! my 2018 JL Rubicon... bought it in late November 2018... no issues at all... I guess I just got lucky. 😬
Sponsored

aeonixx1001

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
I have a mental picture of taking a 7 series offroad :D
My Daughter in laws parents live in Santa Fe, New Mexico. He drives an M5. I swear the only road that is paved is the main highway. All the roads to his home are dirt and dust. I couldn't do it. I would park at the bottom and walk home...

DailyDouble

First Name
Niles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I have an 18 jl 22k miles on it.. zero issues other then maintenance. Been awesome.

I will say though jeep dealerships service is the worst. Rife with ineptitude and laziness. Once I'm out of having to go to them for free I won't be back.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I have an 18 jl 22k miles on it.. zero issues other then maintenance. Been awesome.

I will say though jeep dealerships service is the worst. Rife with ineptitude and laziness. Once I'm out of having to go to them for free I won't be back.
We're sorry to learn that you've had a poor experience at your local Jeep dealer. If you would like support in the future, please feel free to reach out to our team via private message before your scheduled appointment.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
@631_Islander - Thank you for tagging us.

Hi @Ronnie772 & @fat_head,

Please send us a private message with your VIN if you are in need of support while in service.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

OP
OP
Ronnie772

Ronnie772

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
@631_Islander - Thank you for tagging us.

Hi @Ronnie772 & @fat_head,

Please send us a private message with your VIN if you are in need of support while in service.

Darlene
Jeep Cares
Thank you Darlene and @JeepCares
I sent you a private message with my VIN and the two open case numbers I was given. The 28th begins the eighth week that my Jeep has been at the dealership in service (out of the 9 weeks that I've owned it). I appreciate your (and everyone in this Forum's) concern.
Ronnie

Stayingbizzy

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
Government
My frustration is not so much with the vehicle as it is the shit show they call dealerships. Installed wrong parts twice. Multiple trips back because they never verify the work fixed the problem. They clearly never test drive the vehicle. I feel bad for folks that can’t verify the work being done as they are probably getting screwed
I can certainly relate. Found fluid leaking from my 2019 Rubicon and I have been back three times to the dealer who CLEARLY did not test drive or even bother to look after repair was made. 3x and 3 different places they are telling me its coming from. I just parked it last night after getting it back after 6 days and I am afraid to go out and look underneath the jeep

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Merry Christmas all, I own a 2018 Jl July build and have had relatively little to complain about. All that I have had to deal with has been a breeze thanks to my dealerships service department really going above and beyond to take care of me. After hearing some of your complaints I feel very lucky to have gotten a good wrangler and blessed to have a service department who cares enough to go the extra mile in customer care. There are Dealership service departments that want to get it right! I'm not trying to rub salt in any wounds...I know the horror stories...I just hope if you are one of the latter... that you have the ability to find another place to service your rig. It makes all the difference in the world how hopeful you are of keeping your Wrangler! I love mine!!!! there is nothing else like it, hopefully the issues most have come across while owning their wranglers can get addressed and FCA actually starts waking up about these Service department issues to train and care about Customer service! In the long run it makes all the difference in ownership and repeat business!

SpeedKills

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S 2-Door, 2008 Rubicon 2-Door,2014 Ram 1500, 2013 CRF250L
Conceptually the JL is the best. Best suspension, best automatic transmission, best engine choices, etc. Unfortunately, the vehicle's detail engineering is sloppy. Sloppy steering box, terrible manual clutch, poor aux battery design, etc.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ronnie772

Ronnie772

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Dealership just called - they want to undo the transaction. They are unwilling to pay me for the lift and wheels I put on. I'd be out $4000 for owning the Jeep for one week. I suspect something VERY FISHY is going on.
I already discovered that they sold me the car as Certified Pre-Owned but lied in the ad and it was NOT Certified Pre-owned. I suspect this is why they have been stalling the whole way through.
I don't want to lose $4K and I want my Jeep back, fixed.
What do you think I should do?

SimpletonII

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU Black Sahara (sold), 2021 JLUR Sting Gray (on order)
Dealership just called - they want to undo the transaction. They are unwilling to pay me for the lift and wheels I put on. I'd be out $4000 for owning the Jeep for one week. I suspect something VERY FISHY is going on.
I already discovered that they sold me the car as Certified Pre-Owned but lied in the ad and it was NOT Certified Pre-owned. I suspect this is why they have been stalling the whole way through.
If you have proof that they sold you a vehicle as certified and they lied about it, I'd say it's time to lawyer up.

Geesmill

First Name
Gees
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Duramax; Chevy Volt
Any other used Jeeps on the lot? I bet if you went down they would work with you. Maybe get a newer unit with fewer miles and swap the tires/wheels, etc. If they sold you something with issues they should work with you. What dealership/city are you working with?
Sponsored