Sponsored

Is the JL generation history in the making?

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
So far, the JL seems super reliable (except for a couple things here and there under warranty).
This is a little bit of a contradiction lol. Covered under warranty doesn't mean it is reliable.
Sponsored

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase
The only real NA engines that will be a collector item are V8, V10 V12…

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Give Jeep electronics 5 to 7 years in the rust belt. Lots of wiring. A 48 V battery. A couple extra cooling systems. Lots of rust and no maintenance. Let’s see how that goes. When things are brand new everything is wonderful. Time will tell with turbos hybrids and cheap electronics

music293

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
Clubs

Shudder. I don't want my car to plan my trip for me. What ever happened to individualism and taking a "short-cut" which takes an hour longer.

Think of all the data that Tesla et.al have to sell about you. Apple doesn't make that much selling iPhones, they make the money selling the data the iPhones collect.
“Now, however, a research note says that payment is expected to increase to $15 billion in 2021. It also expects the amount to rise in 2022 to as much as $18 billion. While Apple doesn't break out its various sources of services revenue, most analysts believe the Google deal is the most profitable piece of the company's services pie.”
https://www.inc.com/jason-aten/apple-just-traded-your-privacy-for-15-billion.html

I like how the article proves it's own headline wrong, but then doubles down on the contradiction.

Apple doesn't sell your data to third parties. Your assertion is patently false.

Apple does collect some first party data, though even in that they are an industry leader in terms of limiting how and what they collect.

The Google deal you're referencing is literally so that Google's search engine is the default search engine on the phone. Which, even as the article points out, is what most folks will use. Further, you are absolutely free and empowered to change your search engine, and use a different one. Apple doesn't care.

Apple's business model is predicated on selling the consumer hardware and services such as Apple Music, Fitness, etc.

Google's model is built entirely on gathering data about you so that they can sell that data to third parties and/or use it to sell ads to third parties to be seen by you.

Sponsored

camo4stealth

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW R 1250RS-'20, BMW R 1250GS-'20, Ducati 950SS
Occupation
Taxpayer
I doubt any particular engine/trans combo will be worth more than any other. In the Pre-owned (used) market, some people will never touch a 4 cyl. or turbo. Some will never want a 392 gas guzzler,(possibly a little more because of the up front cost and rarity) and some will not want the n/a V-6. SO, the 2nd, 3rd, 4th purchaser will determine which they would buy. Just sayin'.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
I doubt any particular engine/trans combo will be worth more than any other. In the Pre-owned (used) market, some people will never touch a 4 cyl. or turbo. Some will never want a 392 gas guzzler,(possibly a little more because of the up front cost and rarity) and some will not want the n/a V-6. SO, the 2nd, 3rd, 4th purchaser will determine which they would buy. Just sayin'.
The history of used car sales- which would be the 2nd, 3rd and 4th purchaser- suggest engines that are reliable or unlikely to cause issue, command higher resale on average. While we don't know what the future holds for these engines, we do know naturally aspirated motors have a better track record of aging well than turbo or electric vehicles. Jeep demographics have typically favored traditional motors too, so these opinions aren't unfounded.

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
It's hard to know what future generations may consider collectable. I know that some plain ordinary trucks are now highly sought after and pricey even when not in good condition. Same with plain old ordinary antique Jeeps.

No, engine powered vehicles are not leaving completely. At least not in my lifetime. Sure they may leave the mainstream automobile presence to a point. When you realize the there are some problems with widespread power outages and nothing to drive but electric vehicles then it makes sense to have another alternative. I always will.

I've seen areas with power outages where even gas stations were running generators to operate gas pumps for weeks. How do you plan and handle that type of situation if all someone drives are electric vehicles? No electricity anywhere near you. Oh, it's an engine powered generator to the rescue lol.

Just my opinion.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
... I never once ran my Jeep from light to light, or took it to the strip. ...
Agree with your sentiment. But, the 0-60 and 1/4 mile times are just a commonly published measure that can be used for comparison. Like you inferred, merging on the freeway and maybe passing acceleration from say 50-80 (MPH of course) would be a good measure, but it ain't commonly measured, so we get what we get for a reference.

Sponsored

OP
OP

erickdiaz019

First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
This is a little bit of a contradiction lol. Covered under warranty doesn't mean it is reliable.

Didn't say it meant that. Was simply saying to me it seems reliable, and there's only been a couple things under warranty. I should've said they were minor things. Although minor to me, might not mean minor to you

camo4stealth

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW R 1250RS-'20, BMW R 1250GS-'20, Ducati 950SS
Occupation
Taxpayer
Californicationa can't keep the lights on now. What happens when their genius governor starts to ration electricity so Nancy can keep her air conditioner on? Good luck with your Tesla

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
The California tow truck will soon need to have a big ass diesel generator and multi connectors for all the different electric cars, instead of that little 2 gallon gas can.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL