Is the Jeep 392 to loud?

ValB

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon 392
Any complaints about Jeep's choice in the Muffler opening up on it's own when you gun it with the bypass switch in the OFF position?
Sponsored

UrbanCowboyAZ

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 JLURD, ā€˜02 TJ
Occupation
Real Estate
Trick question. Itā€™s impossible for that glorious motor to be too loud under any circumstance.

But really, itā€™s pretty normal for any bi-mode exhaust to open flaps and be really loud in any performance engine. Corvettes, Jags, Ferrari, SRT/Hellcat, etc. Just part of the cost of performance moving so much air/fuel through them. As long as youā€™re not in the throttle, Iā€™m sure you can still accelerate quickly without the flaps opening.

Iā€™d bet everyone that has it, loves the novelty of the sound and hasnā€™t become annoyed yet.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™ve owned cars with the 392 HEMI in the past: that engine sounds sweet! I never grew tired.

I really like the updated 3.6 V6 in my JL: itā€™s responsive and refined. But it sure doesnā€™t sound particularly nice. Thankfully it runs so smoothly I can barely hear it! šŸ˜«

Sponsored

Exact Center

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
johnd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Rubicon 392 XR
Occupation
Inventor
Vehicle Showcase
Trick question. Itā€™s impossible for that glorious motor to be too loud under any circumstance.

But really, itā€™s pretty normal for any bi-mode exhaust to open flaps and be really loud in any performance engine. Corvettes, Jags, Ferrari, SRT/Hellcat, etc. Just part of the cost of performance moving so much air/fuel through them. As long as youā€™re not in the throttle, Iā€™m sure you can still accelerate quickly without the flaps opening.

Iā€™d bet everyone that has it, loves the novelty of the sound and hasnā€™t become annoyed yet.
The truth is I like it better with the valve closed as it opens nicely as you press go pedal. Roll on the throttle and get as much or as little as you want. Your right foot is connected to the music it plays. I give it a little to open a bit just about every time and sometimes a give it a lot when I feel like being bad. About then the copilot smacks me so I do it less. 5000 miles and still just like the first time, this is heaven.
This is not a car you can use logic to explain the purchase. There is none that works.

Exact Center

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
johnd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Rubicon 392 XR
Occupation
Inventor
Vehicle Showcase
Any complaints about Jeep's choice in the Muffler opening up on it's own when you gun it with the bypass switch in the OFF position?
I like that setting best. I control it with my foot, but I am almost 78 so acting like a teenager seems to set off the copilot swing arm every time which results in rib pain. Copilot swing arm is almost 78 too. Maybe we need replacements as i heard the new models do not include the swing arm, but they do cost more?

Pjeverly

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JLUR
Clubs

The only time I feel bad is late at night if my wife asks me to go get something. The start up is loud. My neighbors haven't said anything. The other 99.99 percent of the time it's fabulous.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
The only time I feel bad is late at night if my wife asks me to go get something. The start up is loud. My neighbors haven't said anything. The other 99.99 percent of the time it's fabulous.
My neighbors have nerve racking loud 4 banger mosquitoes on steroidsā€¦.. I got Louder AWEā€¦.. Vengeance is mine. :like: :devil:

Sponsored

Zissou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 392, 21 BMW M2 competition, 11 Subaru STi
Too loud, too much power, too excessive in general... that's why I bought it!

3TV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 392
No complaints from me, even after 14,000 miles on the clock. And I even have the AWE exhaust.

JLJoy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLU 3.0 Diesel
Nope, it is perfect.

JINO

First Name
Jino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jlurd
I was close to getting one. That engine is perfection. But wasn't happy about the range, I'd have to bring so much extra gasoline.
Went with ecodiesel. It's fairly quiet. Not much I can do to make it sound nice and woosh that turbo.
Thinking about deleting at a later point.