Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.RiverCityOffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Triple White - RK 3.5" X-Factor Stage 1 / Steer Smarts / Mickey Thompson / Fuel
Occupation
Owner at River City Offroad
Go get ya one! Today! Get the Granite. I want to see that one in person. HAHAHA
I've bought one a couple weeks back! Black... naturally. LOL

maguro

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'n JLUR
Is the info package worth the price of admission? The Rubicon I'm looking at doesn't have the option. I currently have a 14 Sahara with nav and leather etc. I don't use navigation now but is there any other features id miss?
Hard to say if something is worthwhile but personally speaking, I don't use navigation and don't really listen to music. I also live in an area which is known for rock chips so I wouldn't want to continually replace an acoustic windshield.

The biggest feature I'll probably miss is the self dimming rear view mirror.

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392XR
You also get the sleeker auto dimming rear view mirror. And it’s the only way you’re gonna get it.

Sponsored

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
I was telling my wife the other day how the sound system is one of my favourites features in my JL.
Not only the head unit is nice and works smoothly, but the sound is just wow ! And not only as in « wow for a car », just wow !
First option I considered mandatory, and glad I did ;)

BeachNJeep

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubi 4xe, 2020 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
Occupation
Sub-acute hospital administrator
I’d go with whatever radio/head unit comes on the rig you want. I have a JLU Sport S with the basic screen. The sound quality kicks over my 16 JKU Sahara with 430N navigation. As for the differences in screen size, you’re really looking at Nav standard or not. Apple CarPlay and Android Auto come with both and project their respective map apps so you have Nav even if it’s not factory. You do get more configurable screens, the owners manual, climate controls and virtual gauges to display between the two larger screens, with the Nav one getting all the bells and whistles.

However, given that this is a first year production run, I tend to stick with more modest electronics and real gauges. Both upgraded screens have a larger dash display with virtual temp and gas gauges. The basic display has actual gauges. IMO, real gauges are always better than virtual. If that display goes out, so do you gauge readings.

Lastly, how much tech are you going to use? We have an 18 Tahoe with CarPlay and while I use it, my wife never does. We wanted lux for the Tahoe because it’s oir family hauler. The Jeep is really for off road excursions and my daily driver toy to work and back. Having all the luxuries like leather and tech wasn’t on my list of priorities since off road capabilities and building up my rig were. $1500 for a sound system/Nav would make a huge dent in a lift or rims and tires. It’s just up to what you want in your Jeep and how often you will use it.

I use my phone for everything and I never have to worry about my map being expired and having to pay to update it, like in my 16 JKU. (I didn’t update it, btw).

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
The windshield alone was a reason for me not to want that package.

In CO broken windshields are a common occurrence.
Sponsored