Sponsored

Is the Infotainment Package a must?

Jlb1177

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Is the info package worth the price of admission? The Rubicon I'm looking at doesn't have the option. I currently have a 14 Sahara with nav and leather etc. I don't use navigation now but is there any other features id miss?
Sponsored

BradyAntebellum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLUR- Black
Is the info package worth the price of admission? The Rubicon I'm looking at doesn't have the option. I currently have a 14 Sahara with nav and leather etc. I don't use navigation now but is there any other features id miss?
the larger screen (if you care about that) and the upgraded sound system

OP
OP
Jlb1177

Jlb1177

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Ahh the sound system... good point.
Anyone weigh in on stock stereo ?

The_Phew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GTI 6MT
It's a no-brainer on the Rubi and Sahara, since it basically gives you the larger screen for free (you just pay for the audio system). On Sport/S, you have to pay to upgrade to the smaller screen, and pay again to get the audio system; not so great a deal. You can basically option a Sport S to be a Sahara, minus the bigger brakes/chrome/painted fenders/etc. They end up being nearly the same price, but the loaded Sport S has the smaller screen.

I'd probably get a loaded Sport S if it was a better bargain relative to the Sahara, since I think it has better wheel options and I like the unpainted fenders and black over chrome. I'll never climb a boulder, but I might get the Rubicon just because it's a better value and looks good straight from the factory.

Sponsored

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Ahh the sound system... good point.
Anyone weigh in on stock stereo ?
Check window sticker. The info system will have the upgraded speakers, but the other radio MIGHT have them too.

River City Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.RiverCityOffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Triple White - RK 3.5" X-Factor Stage 1 / Steer Smarts / Mickey Thompson / Fuel
Occupation
Owner at River City Offroad
You want the infotainment package in my opinion. It is WELL worth the $1495 sticker price upgrade. The CarPlay in the new Uconnect system is amazing and the Alpine stereo rocks.

I'm basing my feedback off of the Carplay interface in our 17 Tahoe compared to the JL and the stereo is the best they've ever put in a Wrangler. I had 9 JKs/JKUs and nothing they ever did was remotely close to the quality they put into this one.

The Alpine stereo upgrade alone is within a couple hundred bucks of Infotainment if I'm not mistaken. Might be the same price now. I'd buy one with it for nothing more than resale appeal if you don't care about it. It was a make it or break it item for me when I was shopping for my JLUR.

Marcus

OP
OP
Jlb1177

Jlb1177

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Only issue around here there are hardly any rubis. I'm picky with some options, i need color fenders and top as musts. There are plenty of Saharas around. Maybe I should just go Sahara and get all these options

OP
OP
Jlb1177

Jlb1177

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
And I don't think rubis come standard with large screen. If that's what you meant

VanSchmittenstein

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Grand Cherokee Laredo
And I don't think rubis come standard with large screen. If that's what you meant
I think The_Phew meant that you get the 7 inch with the Sahara and Rubicon Standard but upgrade to the 8.4. On the Sport/S you upgrade from 5.5 (?) to the 7.0 and not the 8.4. So he’s saying the 7.0 is ‘standard.’ And whether you go Sahara or Rubicon- I think that’s a personal choice on what’s important to you. I’d get the Sahara with the leather seats (makes the dashboard come in leather too) and get all the options. It ends up being the better deal but I value comfort over the capability of a Rubicon.

Sponsored

Jolonghorn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I haven't tested the standard sound system. I have JLUR and got the Infotainment package. Let me just say, well worth it for the sound system alone. The Alpine is absolutely awesome, and the UConnect is fantastic on the larger screen as well.

Chemy350

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Mortgage Loan Officer
I have not tested the standard new audio system. I traded in my 17" hardrock Rubi with Alpine for a new JLU Rubi. The alpine system was impressive in the JK but now the new JL... the audio is surprisingly good.

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
You also get acoustic reduction windshield and active noise-canceling. I think that's well worth it. I personally have no interest in upgrading my car audio, used to be super into it 10+ years ago. Now I want my car to be less of a target, so the best stock radio option available.

River City Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.RiverCityOffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Triple White - RK 3.5" X-Factor Stage 1 / Steer Smarts / Mickey Thompson / Fuel
Occupation
Owner at River City Offroad
You also get acoustic reduction windshield and active noise-canceling. I think that's well worth it. I personally have no interest in upgrading my car audio, used to be super into it 10+ years ago. Now I want my car to be less of a target, so the best stock radio option available.
I didn't know that about the acoustic windshield. Thats pretty cool.

Just got back from driving the JL... Man I love that thing!
Sponsored